View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2012, 11:37 AM

Not the best way but proud of Bella's recall:)

Just wanted to share really.

Took Bella early for her walk this morning, she was pulling on lead more than normal when all of a sudden (snap) the collar unclipped and she was loose She bounded full speed ahead right towards the road, panic panic panic, I called "Bella come" quite loudly and she stopped and bounded back on first recall. My heart pulsed somewhat- better checking on my part next time that the collar is fully secure but it ended up o.k with a good outcome
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Phew lucky you've been working hard with her on recall what a lucky day
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bella2012 View Post
Just wanted to share really.

Took Bella early for her walk this morning, she was pulling on lead more than normal when all of a sudden (snap) the collar unclipped and she was loose She bounded full speed ahead right towards the road, panic panic panic, I called "Bella come" quite loudly and she stopped and bounded back on first recall. My heart pulsed somewhat- better checking on my part next time that the collar is fully secure but it ended up o.k with a good outcome
Phew, thank goodness, the other result doesn't bear thinking about does it? I can remember Ailsa doing something similar and your heart is in your throat isn't it? dreadful feeling....but she came back when it really really counted so well done Bella and you of course for working hard at it.
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Phew lucky you've been working hard with her on recall what a lucky day
Yes very lucky, I am just hesitant now with the collar as it is a plastic clip and not sure if it was my error with it not being clipped correctly or if her pulling force allowed it to undo ?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Bella2012 View Post
Yes very lucky, I am just hesitant now with the collar as it is a plastic clip and not sure if it was my error with it not being clipped correctly or if her pulling force allowed it to undo ?
bit pricey but i'd get a new one just incase, rather pay out a few quid then have your worst fears come true
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 01:42 PM
phew!! but well done both of you!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I use a halti with Jake and Ailsa when I take them out and usually with a training lead which clips on to both the halti and to their other collar, so if one fails it doesn't matter. A couple of times Jake has suddenly become loose, once when a collar snapped after he had been frantically pulling to get somewhere and another time when the clip failed as yours did, like you, not sure whether it was my fault or whether the clip was not a 100 per cent.