View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 11:53 AM
good point about Nevada and Arizona actually, for a dog that is used to the british climate that heat would knock it for 6....Ok so there is AC indoors and in cars everywhere there but then I figure the whole idea about taking the dog with is to take him places out and about where you go and not leave him inside all the time.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Jeanette what happens with dogs when you travel them by boat?? Where do they stay on the boat? I have seen sometimes that if you are taking a vehicle then they have to stay inside that while you have to go to the main part of the boat??
Hiya Mys

Well as far as I know, I guess she would be in my cabin. The boat will take almost 2 days, so she couldnt be left in a car...

I havent researched it that much yet.

J
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks for all the replies thats really helpful!

Firstly i should probably say that i used a 'couple' of months as a guidline. Depending on how much money i've saved i may stay over there for about 4-5 months, and i am planning on moving over there in the future anyway, so Riley would definately be coming anyway!

I understand what people mean about the long flight. Riley is a very laid back, calm dog and very little stresses him, but i wouldn't want to leave him alone for 10 hours, so i'd have to find a way to be able to travel with him. I know some airlines allow that so, if necessary i'd pay more for the flights and do that

I've found several hotels along the route we're planning (we've planned it all already!lol) that allow pets, and most of them have some kind of 'dog sitting' facility apparently so you can leave your dog for the day, but as some of you have said, that wouldn't be ideal.

I shall have to give it some thought. I dont like the idea of leaving him for months while im in another country as he knows he's my dog and he gets a bit depressed if i just stay away for a night!! But, if it will be better for him i know he'll be fine with my mum looking after him I may just have to wait until i move over there properly to take him! Im planning to move to Colarado which is a lot cooler..

But i will be sure to get pictures so dont worry about that!!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

18-07-2005, 10:04 AM
originally posted by Bellaluna

Well as far as I know, I guess she would be in my cabin. The boat will take almost 2 days, so she couldnt be left in a car...

When I was thinking about going to the Shetlands with my dad and sister I was wanting to take the dogs with me on the ferry - and the ferry had dog kennels where the dogs had to stay during the trip
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Emm
When I was thinking about going to the Shetlands with my dad and sister I was wanting to take the dogs with me on the ferry - and the ferry had dog kennels where the dogs had to stay during the trip
Really??? How long did you sail for?? Couldnt you go and visit them during the trip?

As I said, I haven't researched it yet. So anything I can learn is valuable
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

18-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I didn't go - it was overnight - but I think you could visit them its just they have to stay there
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Ah okay... Well I'll have to research it a bit first then... Thank you Emm
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Jessica keep us posted on what you end up sorting out as I would be really interested especially if you find a way of travelling with Riley so that he isn't alone the whole time. Your right Colarado would be alot cooler
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Hiya Mys

J
Oh wouldn't that be ideal I'm not sure if it is allowed though when you do start to make plans J let us know what you can get sorted out, I would be very interested to find out if there is a good way to travel with your dog with you
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Hiya Mys

J
Ohhh J, could you let me know the outcome on your research, I'd be interested to know about it for sure!

It might mean we can take Fern to Denmark with us when we go next
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >