Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
because he doesnt go anywhere now other than the gym or seeing me, and ive caught him out every other time, by finding messages on his phone etc.
So apart from the gym and seeing you, he does not go anywhere at all? Where is he when he is not at the gym or with you? Just because you caught him out before by finding messages on his phone etc does not mean that he is not cheating.

Perhaps because you found the previous messages he is now being a bit more careful about such things? Do you honestly think, in your heart of hearts, that he is now telling the truth when he lied before?

yes he is the one i was getting a house with, dont worry thats not hapenning either way!
I seem to remember putting on my Grandma hat on that occasion, and I am going to do the same now.

Please think of yourself. You are very young and have the rest of your life ahead of you. You already know that things are going nowhere with him, so do you not owe it to yourself to move on and find someone who will love you and not lie and/or stray?

There is a great big world outside there - a world beyond that of a lying and cheating guy who is, to be frank, just using you.

Think about it. Please.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

07-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Clo the point is he shouldn't cheat because he choses not to, because he values you and your relationship too highly, not because he doesn't have the opportunity. As they say where there's a will there's a way. You should value yourself enough to find someone who values you, not make do with second best, and have fun looking for the right bloke.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2011, 01:41 PM
not taken the wrong way and not offended, i wouldnt of posted it otherwise it is getting to the point now where i dont know why i bother, he hasnt cheated on my for the past year though, and it has got better but i know we arent really right for each other, i just dont like being alone. it doesnt bother me because ive gotten used to the way he acts. dont get me wrong i absolutely love him, but i know he doesnt want what i want in life.
just as a note when i said i got my own back, i didnt cheat on him.
My advice to you would be if you know he isnt right for you then dont waste any more of your time. Not liking being alone is not a reason to stay with someone. Often being alone for a while makes you realise who you truely are, your not so dependant on people, it makes you stronger and makes you realise what you want/need from a partner.

Your unhappy with him, you might be pleasantly surprised how much you begin to enjoy being on your own. Getting into relationship after relationship isnt healthy, I can almost guarentee you that you will never be happy in life doing this.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Cheating is the end.

I even flipped at my OH because he had text another girl and then tried to hide the evidence (I don't look through his phone, but he'd been acting suspicious so I did the once) and then continued to make excuses and then for about a month we weren't right, I told him I'd forgive him but I wouldn't forget but at the time we were going through a rough patch and it was only flirting - it was the lying about it that bothered me the most. He knows he can't lie to me now 'cos I'll always find out..

I wasn't even sure I wanted to be with him because a couple of weeks before he'd asked me to be his GF, a girl popped up on my MSN - I'd added her thinking she was my sisters friend due to the same name, but she was a stalker and always said she was his GF and his Mum confirmed that saying that they'd been done for months.

Cheating though - from a kiss to anything more is the end for me. I know how bad it hurts and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2011, 02:49 PM
If i was cheated on i'd be out of there, no second chance, no looking back. I appreciate this would be hard to do but is easy to say. If my trust was broken i dont think i would be handing it out again.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
good points everyone.

i think i need to have a big think about what i want, and where i want to go...
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Once a cheater always a cheater end of.

If you dont want to be in a relationship then dont be, I've been cheated on once, i came home from a 10 hour shift at work to find him out, i was having a cuppa with a work mate and got a phone call from his ex saying that he was there and the intimate things they had just done, i heard his voice in the background, i put the phone down did a bit of checking and within 2 hours his stuff was at his mothers, he had cheated, he had no reason to but he did anyway so it was ended.

I was 17 at the time, there is no reason to put up with it and i think its ridiculous that you would waste anytime with someone who cares so little about you.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

07-08-2011, 03:13 PM
i have been cheated on 3 times with the man i am with now, it used to hurt but to be honest im now getting to the point where i dont think we will last much longer, so it doesnt bother me.

The above proves you are with the wrong person,

Cheating once would be enough for me, I have to agree with dog_geek;2324177., and ask why have you allowed him to do it 3 times.

not taken the wrong way and not offended, i wouldnt of posted it otherwise it is getting to the point now where i dont know why i bother, he hasnt cheated on my for the past year though, and it has got better but i know we arent really right for each other, i just dont like being alone. it doesnt bother me because ive gotten used to the way he acts. dont get me wrong i absolutely love him, but i know he doesnt want what i want in life.
just as a note when i said i got my own back, i didnt cheat on him.
You are a young attractive girl, with your life in front of you.....dont settle for second best , simple because you dont want to be alone, you wont be alone for long , get out there, enjoy your youth and the right person will come when its the right time.

Don't put yourself down and except someone who thinks so little of you that he has cheated 3 times so far.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 03:15 PM
good points everyone.

i think i need to have a big think about what i want, and where i want to go...
Sounds like a good idea
I know its tough but you are young - trust me you will be my age in no time and the longer you leave it the harder it will be
There is nothing wrong with being alone, and if you learn to love yourself and enjoy being with yourself then you will be beating them off with a big stick anyways

Life really is sort and really you could be missing out on the perfect person for you wasting time with someone you really are only with because you are used to him and scared of the unknown (trust me I totaly know that one)

As to the origonal question

If I am happy with someone then I am not looking to be with someone else

so if I wanna be with someone else then its a good sign its time to move on

same if you are cheeted on, stuff happens, people fall out of love and in love with other people. If they are cheeting on you then they dont wanna be with you
Its no blip, its no accident - its time to walk away
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Clo, he's just had a holiday away hasn't he? How do you know he hasn't cheated then?

You need to forget him, you obviously don't mean that much to him, if he can cheat on you 3 times, to what you know

You've said in the past that your nana didn't like him, now I can see why!

If my hubby cheated on me, he'd be gone so fast.....

Good Luck xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >