Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mad_Bird
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2006, 03:18 PM

Apbt

Helloooo everyone

after reading the tread about the pitbulls being shot, which is terrible i have to get something off my chest!

At the age of 14 years old i quit my paper round due to the dogs that i encountered. I then met Kuno a APBT she was 12 yrs when i met her and didn't realise what she was until told. Her owners put her down at the age of 14 as she had been sufferung with limbfatic cancer (spelling). I grew a bond with this dog and was really upset when she was put down. She had helped me get over my fear of dogs and got me into bull breeds. She was a Reid bred pitbull and one of the last bred, she was spayed at 2 due to the dog act. Her ancestory contains dogs such as, Reids alcapone, lucy, skipper, her parents were snickersnee x bojangles. over the past few weeks i have been searching her pedigree and can trace as far back as 1875. thats 130 odd years. As i adored her so much i feel i owe something to her owner and im in the process of writing her line as far as possible. (i have one huge peice of paper) everytime i see malterses i think of her, ill remember her forever

Now when a APBT is nasty its down to the owners. in calaforina they recently tried breeding a 2 headed pitbull. Now what else do you want a 2 headed pitbull or a 2 headed dog for other than attacking.

anyway rant over.

SBT - look at them now compared to when they were first reconised as a breed. The Kennel cluc says this the kennel club saying that. Im sorry its c**p. My SBT has black tusker, silver bomber, boldmore black sabbath line. As you very well know they have recently found a gentic disorder called L2 HGA in SBTs. I have been researching this and its nothing to worry about. no more that 2.5% of SBT have been identified with this disorder. The kennel club says you have to have your dog tested. WHAT ABOUT THE SBT THAT HAVE NO PAPER. all those thousands in the uk. Yes this disorded is a problem if your dog is infected not if it carriers it!! pfffft. sorry it just winds me up

My STB is out of bullhawk lines and some of the dogs have been identified with this (there is a dog out of bombstaff blackthorn at bull hawk x suzies lucky prize thats carries it, they are my doods gt gt grandparents). Now whats the change of my dog carrying it? if she does what the problem?

anyway again rant over.

Do any of you know any bullhawk bred dogs that carry this disorder??
thank you for any help
and back to the thread topic, the Pitbulls being shot, i agree the owner need to be shot!

Zen moment

Tam x
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks for sharing your nice story - it's always a breath of fresh air to hear pro bull breed comments
Mad_Bird
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by minky
Thanks for sharing your nice story - it's always a breath of fresh air to hear pro bull breed comments
hmmm....i own a jackrussel too, her name is lady she is 12

will post a pic of her later.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mad_Bird
hmmm....i own a jackrussel too, her name is lady she is 12

will post a pic of her later.
Even better - my OH's parents own JR's - adorable little doglets
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Thank you for posting your story, I cannot agree more. If this breed was not banned in this country I would have no more fears about an encounter with one than I do any other powerful dog. Totally down to the owners, not the dog.
skye
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2006, 04:59 PM
you should have your dog tested for L2HGA if you are worried about it or thinking of using your dog for breeding as the Bullhawk Lines are well known for carrying this disorder Im sorry to say The good news is that it is something that can be found in the DNA test and if your dog is a carrier or clear then it will not show any symptoms of this terrible disease.

I have never heard of a 2 headed pitbull surely a genetic mutation such as a dog with 2 heads would be unlikely to survive?
Do you have a link to the news story or source for this information?
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm also a bit dubious about the two headed dog story. Sounds more than a little apocryphal to me...

I don't know anything about the particular genetic disorder you mention but it seems obvious that whether or not your dog actually shows the disorder or not, it would be vital to know if they were a carrier in case they should ever be bred from. I think it's perfectly responsible of the KC to request all dogs to be tested for it. 2.5% might not sound a lot, but it's more than you'd want messing up your gene pool.

But on the main topic, I think dogs should be judged on their behaviour, not their breed.
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 09:37 PM
mad bird, i dont know much adout how staffies are bred or what they suffer from.but what i will say is im glad your not involved with my breed,becouse i find your message adout staffs tottally irrisponsable
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by Mad_Bird
Now when a APBT is nasty its down to the owners. in calaforina they recently tried breeding a 2 headed pitbull. Now what else do you want a 2 headed pitbull or a 2 headed dog for other than attaacking.

Tam x
Sounds to me like someones been watching a bit too much Harry Potter!!

I too am dubious and would be interested to see supporting evidence of this, I am intreagued as to how they would go about causing such a mutation.
Mad_Bird
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2006, 03:40 PM
hmmm....so its like every other forum

full of ******s.

sorry people if i dont match your expertise in breeding show dogs!!

ohh look at my dog, isn't it great. Come take on mine! we'll soon find out
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >