Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi wasnt sure if I should have read your post, being new but found it very warm.It is so difficult to make friends when you have just moved,and my O/H family is 5 hours drive away.We live in avery rural area and the area has only just got itself a decent broadband, which has now allowed us to use the internet crystalgirl
Hi and welcome to this crazy chat section It is always lovely to see a new face (not literally). Great news that you have finally got a decent broadband connection I'm comparatively new to this section but you soon get to know people and everyone is very friendly.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I read about that tragic news Lorraine Snowman Rally and immediately thought about you and your kids.
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Thankfully Malka we weren't anywhere near it. But I spoke to a guy who saw it. Said it was a tragic accident, they were well off the track, there was nothing the driver could have done.
OMG that is awful - how very sad. So sad for the woman and her family. That accident won't have done rallying any good either - it seems to be such a dangerous spectator sport.

Helena I hope you back doesn't stiffen up. Hot bath should help ..... maybe you can sprinkle rose petals in it and invite Dave to join you. Having said that, I wouldn't dare as my OH would be delighted to join me.

I'm having a quiet evening in ....... ha, ha, what's newOff to dish up our meal now - see you later.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi wasnt sure if I should have read your post, being new but found it very warm.It is so difficult to make friends when you have just moved,and my O/H family is 5 hours drive away.We live in avery rural area and the area has only just got itself a decent broadband, which has now allowed us to use the internet crystalgirl
HI Welcome to the mad thread, I mean the daily thread!

Evening all .

I've been busy playing with the children today and we went for a Nando's. Steve just took Carys to her Beavers sleepover (she's only doing the evening and coming home) but they went to the wrong Scout HQ - my fault! I hope they get back soon so she can go to the proper one.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Evening all.
Firstly (((hugs))) to all who need them. Glad you're change of scenery lifted your spirits a bit Bev. Welcome CG new people always welcome here.

We had a nice walk this morning and met a 6 month old chocolate lab her and Dillon on lead but she did make us laugh she loved bopping Dillon on the nose apparently its her party trick every time she meets a dog.
Another lovely walk this afternoon and the sun was shining it was warm and the birds were singing.
Have just finished watching a lovely film British made starring Dakota Fanning called Do it now. Sad but a good watch.

Off to do Dillon's tea and something for us too.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Welcome Crystalgirl. Can I give you a bit of advice?
DO not touch the "magic" bottle it gets put on the side board there every night and it is lethal.
Secondly do not believe a word this lot tell you, it is all lies, I tell you, lies!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Helena I hope you back doesn't stiffen up. Hot bath should help ..... maybe you can sprinkle rose petals in it and invite Dave to join you. Having said that, I wouldn't dare as my OH would be delighted to join me.

I'm having a quiet evening in ....... ha, ha, what's newOff to dish up our meal now - see you later.
Lol, That's my problem Jen, so a quick shower it is then!!!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
HI Welcome to the mad thread, I mean the daily thread!

Evening all .

I've been busy playing with the children today and we went for a Nando's. Steve just took Carys to her Beavers sleepover (she's only doing the evening and coming home) but they went to the wrong Scout HQ - my fault! I hope they get back soon so she can go to the proper one.
Hi Linda, Sounds like a lovely day was had then, and lol at you sending them to the wrong Scout HQ!! You've obviously caught what we've got then

This morning on our beach walk, we had a gorgeous little chunky doglet come racing over to say hello to Zena, and I don't know what it was, but it was like a staffie, but had a head shaped a bit like a rhino???!! It was only young, in a gorgeous dark grey colour, and Zena liked it and gave it her ball. Then I let her off, and it came hurfing over to her again and I didn't have time to call her and get her onlead, in fact, I can't see behind me from where it came, but she greeted it very nicely and I think she would actually have played with it if we weren't going off the beach and the owner hadn't called it. That was the first time I've ever had Zena offlead for a dog approaching at a fast rate, so it made my day the way she behaved with it.

Off for a shower now then, enjoy your evening, I might not be back once I get settled in that chair, but I'll pop in late to see what leftovers there are if any!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Evening all. I'm late on parade today I'm about to have a lovely quiet evening all by myself. Hubby is on his way out to a Reunion Dinner Its for the ex senior ranks in the Royal Artillery. He goes every year. I can remember the times when it used to be 3 or 4 am when he was rolling in Those days are over now though - he's on so much medication he's not allowed to drink I think i'll go & have a lovely soak in the bath for a change - i've not had a bath for years!!!!.
Its been a lovely springlike day today. Unfortunately its brought all the kids & fair weather dog walkers out in the park There is a lot to be said for cold damp weather We did see a stunning dog though a Rottie & Malamute cross. A huge build with a Rottie face & Mal fur. Gorgeous

Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 07:29 PM
OOoh forgot so say I met the most gorgeous Labradoodle puppy who was just soooooo excited to say hello. She was very small, hairy and cute. Also met one of those Japanese dogs that look like a small bear and have a blue tongue. Absolutely gorgeous.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Evening all, and especially Crystalgirl who must be sitting in the corner wondering whether she is willing to risk her sanity by posting on this thread Come on in Crystalgirl........there is not a snappy one to be found here.

*dumps magic bottle on sideboard and limps over to the invalid section by the fire after pouring a very large glass of red

I too have a flare up of back troubles, which of course affects my legs; am sincerely hoping that it settles down again because I really really really do not want to go to Birmingham for an operation I gather that when I go numb from the waist down, then it will be an emergency Oh great........that will mean dribbling from both ends then during my afternoon nap

Not happy, no indeedy, because Jimmi has a bad paw again but at least we seem to be getting on top of that.....I say WE in a loose sense, because OH does very little in the way of nursing to be honest. I thought that Jimmi and I could lie on the sofa and watch the last episode of Call the Midwife; settled down happily, only to find that the great lump had deleted it. How kind. Of course ALL his train thingies, and war stuff, plus other man necessities were there safe and sound

*pours another glass and gingerly puts feet up in front of fire

A big cuddle for Bev, and also for TW
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 07:59 PM
I think what we all need is a dose of sunshine and warm weather (read that as summer) to take away all the aches and pains - unless, of course, there's a magic bottle that melt's 'em all away???

Now let me see, where the heck did we put that one??????

I see we have a new friend on board. Welcome, Crystalgirl, don't be afraid to jump in with both feet and join in the fun x
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Rushes up to Bitkins sideboard and pours glass from the magic bottle
Can't you accidentally delete oh,s train,war program's or record over them
Box Milk Tray on offer help yourself girls
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »