View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Would totally shop him. It's a disgrace and it's taking money away from us workers and people that genuinely need it. I would have no hesitation in shopping him.
Why should he get away with it. Not only is he claiming benefits he's probably not entitled to. He's getting paid Cash in Hand and not paying taxes.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 08:04 PM
I think I'd assess his overall 'situation' first before acting. I know it is galling to see someone who takes the mick but I'd want to be 3000% sure before I did anything.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2007, 08:13 PM
I'd shop him... if he's done nothing wrong then I'm sure the appropriate authorities will see that, and no harm will be done
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Being as i have just been turned down for DLA,people like that infuriate me,because if it wasn't for fraudsters like that,us genuine people wouldn't have to go through the crap that I and currently hundreds of other genuine claiments are going through.(i have written an update on the thread if anyone is interested) back on topic,I have never shopped anyone and have never seen it as any of my business,but after all this,I think i have changed my mind and would shop him.After all as Ian rightly says,If he is genuine,he has nothing to worry about.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 08:36 PM
What if the person is genuine but they use it as a chance to take his benefit away, forcing him to appeal and 'prove' things. As I understand it there is a drive to get as many people off benefits aspossible and it is really hard to have to prove things to their satisfaction and the appeal process is awful, leaving many genuine claimants without their benefits.

There was a thread on this (incapacity benefit and appeals) recently.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Lucky Star you are right it is an awful process,one that im in the middle of at the moment.But although some disabilities are unseen i couldn't possibly work at all never mind 40 hrs,and if i could,i wouldn't be doing it cash in hand.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
Lucky Star you are right it is an awful process,one that im in the middle of at the moment.But although some disabilities are unseen i couldn't possibly work at all never mind 40 hrs,and if i could,i wouldn't be doing it cash in hand.
I'm so sorry for your situation Stamford and I wish you all the best of luck in your appeal. I take your point re being able to work 40 hours, absolutely!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
Know exactly how you feel mate.... My best mate has had loads of hassle getting what he's entitled to for his disability.. Just makes you even madder when you hear about these people taking the "P" ....
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks LS,and Ian you are so right,it does make you mad when people do take the p**
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Bear in mind that some benefits relating to health / disability can be claimed and the claimant is still allowed and often encouraged to work as well.
Also, not all disabilities are visually obvious...
Just food for thought
good point but if that was the case they wouldn't have any thing to hide.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >