View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Think its the best thing to do. My sisters friend mum used to claim about every benefit going. She even claimed her husband didnt live with her and got a council house. My mum spoke to the autorities and she was made to move out or the husband and alot of her benefits were taken away. So now she still lives in the house and husband had another one but still stays there all the time.;
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Shop them! I dont see why people like us who work hard for everything we have, and only claim benefit when we have to, should have to pay our taxes to give extra money to scum like that. He's getting 400 quid a week anyway! Thats more than i take home and i WORK for the benefit system!!!!!!!!! ARGH!

Sorry lol but people who do things like this and think they should get something for nothing really tick me off!

P.S i would like to point out i do my best to root out the 'dodgy' ones from the genuine claims from people who really do need help. I happily send quite a few off to our fraud team
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 08:47 AM
He is really taking the mick. It is not as if he is working a few hours here and there - which I suppose you could just about overlook (sticks in throat but still) - but to do 40 hours of heavy work a week whilst claiming disability that takes the biscuit.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 09:33 AM
I shopped someone a few years ago!

I used to live in a 'flat' (2 locked rooms in a 'communal' house).
I knew the people who lived above me, as the girls Mum is a friend of my Mum.
They moved in and started to claim housing benefit, and were both working full time.
They then got a new house, but were still claiming housing benefit for the flat!! This went on for about 2 months, so I reported them!
Not only that, but the girl was under investigation for causing 2 or 3 car crashes whilst driving with no license or insurance! She deserved everything she got!

Also at the time, I had just been diagnosed with cancer, and had been turned down for DLA!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 09:50 AM
you go for it!!!! no wonder worthwhile people get turned away - cheating swines!!!

Alex
xx
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Part of me thinks shopping benefit cheats is the right thing to do but part of me would tell me to mind my own business. I do think that the benefit system in this country is badly abused but for some reason, I would be hesitant to grass them up. I'm too soft! I guess if we were all like me though, more people would get away with it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:33 AM
I would have no hesitation in doing it, and I've already done it (twice!!! for the same person), but sadly they're still claiming I filled in an online form which is totally confidential, you need as many details as possible especially the car registration as well as the address, the times they go out and come home etc. etc. Good luck and DO IT!!!!
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Ive done it before, and Im glad to say that there having to pay back all the tax credit they claimed over the years that they knew they weren't entittled to

Shop him, atleast that way if nothing happens, you know you did your best, people like that infuriate me
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Shop them!

I work d*mn hard for my money, and I dislike it going to cheats and liars when I work my @ss off for it!
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 01:29 PM
In this situation, yes I would inform the benifits agency, I have done the same thing myself to be honest.

Yet when I 'turned in' the guy who was working whilst claiming housing benifit and claiming he had his 3 children living with him, when he didnt, the benifits agency didnt do its job.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >