View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Right! Just one more question please coz I'm back in Scotland lol!

This looks FAB, near Fort William, and it's up at the right price, 4 holiday lets, good owners accommodation, it was an old school but beautifully done, and this is their website. I could get loads of dogwalkers who would want to visit during the summer, but don't know about us being snowed in in this area all winter
http://www.offthemainroad.co.uk/index.php/en/home
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 01:56 PM
That sort of area would attract walkers/climbers at all times of year It looks great - especially the view!

Is this place up for sale then?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Have a look at this too ....

http://www.macphee.co.uk/property-de...p?prop_id=1012
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 02:00 PM
And this one ...

http://www.macphee.co.uk/property-de...sp?prop_id=719
callumsmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2011, 02:06 PM
They are cheap i wouldnt mind moving myself..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
That sort of area would attract walkers/climbers at all times of year It looks great - especially the view!

Is this place up for sale then?
Apparently so Kirsty, and soooooo cheap???? I can't believe the price of ALL of it, the schoolhouse, all the 4 holiday lets, all newly refurbed and at only........£250K I've had to e-mail them to ask whether it's freehold or leasehold, although it says "private sale" but that could mean either couldn't it! Thanks for the info on that place, it also means I wouldn't need a snowmobile in that area in the winter then or a big fly swatter in the summer for the midges? Lol!

Thanks for those links, I've saved them. Sadly we don't have enough funds to buy all 6 of those lovely cottages in the first link, but look how cheap that 2nd one is WITH a holiday cottage to let! Will look further at that website too and see what I can find.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Apparently so Kirsty, and soooooo cheap???? I can't believe the price of ALL of it, the schoolhouse, all the 4 holiday lets, all newly refurbed and at only........£250K I've had to e-mail them to ask whether it's freehold or leasehold, although it says "private sale" but that could mean either couldn't it! Thanks for the info on that place, it also means I wouldn't need a snowmobile in that area in the winter then or a big fly swatter in the summer for the midges? Lol!

Thanks for those links, I've saved them. Sadly we don't have enough funds to buy all 6 of those lovely cottages in the first link, but look how cheap that 2nd one is WITH a holiday cottage to let! Will look further at that website too and see what I can find.
Oh I didn't say that Anywhere in the Highlands can be prone to both snow and midges at different times of year unfortunately. Have you Google Earth'd the one at Oban?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Yep, googled, can't believe street view can be available at such remote locations We've just gone through that entire agent's website Kirsty for our price range and strangely enough, he too, has that school so we Googled that on streetview too! Found some really, really remote cottages too, so very cheap, one which I loved, no problems with neighbours, just like yours! One had two statics out the back with pp for two dwellings, so could stick a couple of log cabins there. I've saved half a dozen which interest us, but it seems I am now back to square ONE We need to be able to earn, because although I could do a lot of the self sufficient bit in the garden, you do need money to live to pay the old bills dontcha!

That school though is now at the very top of our list! It looks like it's made of wood, although beautifully transformed inside and I love the way they've called the 4 holiday lets by school subject names, plus the fact they've been running it as holiday lets for 3 years now, it all fits for what we're looking for. The lawned garden goes all the way around (school playing fields), and then there's masses of parking. I'm loving the little village it's in too, not many houses, just a post office, pub and telephone box lol!

This is it here:
http://www.macphee.co.uk/property-de...sp?prop_id=774

The loch is just down the road, and it's all surrounded by woodlands and mountains, just fab!

The fact that it's got a few houses around it makes me think we would never get completely snowed in.....maybe??? We only had it for 3 weeks down here last winter and I have to say, I felt very "restricted"!
Lagalaza
New Member!
Male 

24-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Hello,
I am the owner of The Inn at Ardgour near Fort William, the one that was on Relocation, Relocation. We welcome dogs, so if any of you fancy a holiday.... .
Relative to your thread, we have been here eight plus years and moved up from London. It's a beautiful place to live and a great place to bring up children. But I would echo some of your earlier replies and say that you should visit in January before you buy anything up here. We lived up here before when I was a child so had a good idea of the lifestyle and the weather. It rains all the time and I mean all the time. You will get maybe thirty or forty sunny days a year, generally in May or June, and there will be 200+ days where it rains for at least a few hours. The winters are wet and windy, not snowy and romantic!! It is also unbelievably isolated. Visit in the winter before you make any commitment!! If you want to know anything else, just ask and I will help all I can.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Lagalaza View Post
Hello,
I am the owner of The Inn at Ardgour near Fort William, the one that was on Relocation, Relocation. We welcome dogs, so if any of you fancy a holiday.... .
Relative to your thread, we have been here eight plus years and moved up from London. It's a beautiful place to live and a great place to bring up children. But I would echo some of your earlier replies and say that you should visit in January before you buy anything up here. We lived up here before when I was a child so had a good idea of the lifestyle and the weather. It rains all the time and I mean all the time. You will get maybe thirty or forty sunny days a year, generally in May or June, and there will be 200+ days where it rains for at least a few hours. The winters are wet and windy, not snowy and romantic!! It is also unbelievably isolated. Visit in the winter before you make any commitment!! If you want to know anything else, just ask and I will help all I can.
Would that be the Altnacealgach Inn that we've been looking at which is up for sale, next to the Motel opposite the Loch? How spooky is that then The internet sure makes it a small world doesn't it!!

Perhaps you mean the other one that Moobli put up, which is a lot grander and not for sale but well worth a stay methinks!

As much as you're putting me off with all this talk of wet, cold and midges, the seclusion, the scenery, the price of property is still persuading me to wear these rose tinted glasses!

Thanks for the input Lagalaza we might be seeing you soon then
Page 9 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >