View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Polar
New Member!
Female 

01-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Alaska dislikes the hoover with a passion.
April loves everything sound wise.
Aiden dislikes the sound of plastic bags.
Oliver (who's only 12 weeks old) dislikes the hair dryer!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Mollie loud noises especially people shouting, the hoover and fireworks, also dogs bigger than her.
I need to add to Mollie's list today she has decided scariest thing in the world is a black feather ! Danced past it doing the doggy face of deadly scary and refused to walk back past it when we returned.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 05:26 PM
The council gardeners run around in those little electric truck things and Rosie is really worried by them. Strange really as mobility scooters don't bother her one iota no matter how big they are, but she hates those little trucks
Toby2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Toby and Holly are scared of nothing really, but Bailey...

This weeks it's parking meters, wheelie bins and houses. Any house, not special ones, elicits a 45 degree walking angle and whirling dervish to get away from it - difficult as we live in a village...
ianandlynda
New Member!
Female 

25-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Bobby is only 5 months old but he shy's away from any people who want to be friendly. He hides behind me and peeks through my legs but won't let anyone near him. If I pick him up he is ok and lets them pat him.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2013, 02:42 AM
All six of my dogs are afraid of the flyswatter as I wack it on the table when one of them is getting into trouble. Phoebe is afraid of all men. Rheana doesn't like any loud noises.
ianandlynda
New Member!
Female 

26-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by manydogz View Post
All six of my dogs are afraid of the flyswatter as I wack it on the table when one of them is getting into trouble. Phoebe is afraid of all men. Rheana doesn't like any loud noises.
Seems to me you have an easy answer to rectify this.
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2013, 07:42 PM
I can't think of anything that Cora is truly scared of. She was terrified of the wheelie bins when she was younger, but I began taking her with me, on lead, when I was putting them out and bringing them in and now she is fine with them.

The latest thing to give her a fright though was a fish!
My brother was dog sitting for a couple of days and took her up to the reservoir. Nearby runs a little shallow stream, which was mostly frozen over. Cora apparently did her best impression of a Grizzly Bear and pounced her front paws right through the ice to the fish underneath, but when it started flapping in her feet she howled and bolted into the woodlands. A minute later though, she was back at the stream, looking for the fish again and pouncing through the thin layer of ice to get to it!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Talking about the noise of plastic bags has reminded me that my last dog - CKCS was very scared of the noise they make when you 'shake them out'. My dog I have now is more sensitive to noise than anything else.
Crstna81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Diesel runs away from raspberry noises. Chillie does not care.

Diesel frets when there is thunder. Chillie doesn't care.

Chillie moves away from the vaccum. Diesel follows me everywhere! He is my little assistant cleaner

Chillie runs away from spray cans (insect repellant, disinfectant). Diesel does not care.

Diesel runs from the word 'shower', yet will happily stand and have a was with no dramas and loves a towel dry. Chillie is not a fan of showers or baths or being dried!
Page 28 of 29 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 >