Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2012, 10:20 AM

All that panic for nothing!

So last term I was working in Dingwall Academy with a specific pupil, he transferred to the local Disabled school and I was told by the headmistress, before the hols that they would be submitting my timesheets after the summer holidays as the lad would be there full time after the hols. In August I duly started work at the disabled school and submitted my timesheet on time (I thought), the secretary came to me the next day and said that they weren't sure who was to sign off on the timesheet, them or Dingwall Academy. I told her as far as I knew it was them, and that was what I had been told, she was going to check and submit as soon as they knew.

I asked about it the next day, they said 'oh, we are still waiting to hear', at that point I told them that it was not MY fault they weren't organised, if the timesheets don't go on time I don't get paid and this is THEIR responsibility. I want the timesheet signed and they can sort out the pay later. They hummed and hawed but agreed to send it off.

I went off to Inverness to a full time job with the hope that they would sort it out.

Thursday afternoon, this week I get a letter from the headmistress, 'you aren't going to get paid, go see the staffing unit, they will sort out a cheque for you', sorry for the inconvenience. 1. WHAT?! 2. I tried to call the staffing unit, the lines are dead. Don't know why but their lines are down. Tried them all day yesterday, lines are still down, so went in on my way home. Was told that the headmistress knew on the Wednesday I left that I wasn't going to get paid! An email had been sent to her and she had my phone number so she could have called me. She didn't. Sent a letter almost a week later!

I was too late for a supplementary pay run, staffing don't issue cheques, so that was no use! This was ridiculous. Staffing are going to bollock her!

I popped round to the school, the only person there was the teacher I had previously worked with who suggested calling Payroll... So did this. A payslip has gone out, the timesheet arrived on time so there should be a decent pay this month.

I panicked over nothing! At least I hope that's it and it's not a holiday pay.

Really hacked off though, the headmistress knew for a week before letting me know that there might be a problem, I could have dealt with it had she told me earlier!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-09-2012, 04:22 PM
That's terrible! I know it's the start of term so things are hectic but that's no excuse for not taking ten minutes to call you and let you know that there was a problem ASAP. Leaving it a week is ridiculous.

I hope your pay goes through smoothly and you don't have any more problems. Are you planning to take it to the headmistress and complain?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
That's terrible! I know it's the start of term so things are hectic but that's no excuse for not taking ten minutes to call you and let you know that there was a problem ASAP. Leaving it a week is ridiculous.

I hope your pay goes through smoothly and you don't have any more problems. Are you planning to take it to the headmistress and complain?
No it would be pointless, also the staffing unit are going to deal with it. The lady I spoke to was furious that the headteacher held onto the timesheet cause of an internal issue that was nothing to do with me.