View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2012, 07:42 PM
A red pedal racing car with the number 7 on the front, got home from nursery one day to be told it had been given to the charity shop !! I suppose i must have gotten too big for it, but I'll never forget how devastated I felt.

I loved making a mess, so Shaker Maker and Potters wheel were high on the agenda.
Mum also used to bring back mahoosive cardboard boxes from her work which we would make into a house and play The Three Little Pigs or Wolf and the Seven Kids.

There was another toy that I think would still be great today, it consisted of thick cardboard panels, quite large, possibly 2x3 ft, on one side they were a solid colour, the other had different patterns printed on it, which when clipped together would make a tank or a cooker or a car, or you could make a fort, these were all big enough to play inside, brilliant idea.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2012, 07:46 PM
A huge soft toy St Bernard dog called Bruno. And my farm and plastic farm animals
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Oh so many to remember, they were all my favourites! My cooking set with it's little oven where I kept opening the door My post office set which I used to love stamping everything wiv My gorgeous pram I got one Christmas to push my favourite doll around in. My red, triaang 3 wheeler bike (and I absolutely refused to let my mum use that big, long handle on the back, coz I wanted to be OFF!! ) This was my brother's hand me down, and he had treasured it, never let anyone else ride it, and yet when I got it, the whole street were allowed to use it coz I was different to him! Then my very first 2 wheeled Raleigh bike which I got one Christmas, I just went out and rode it all day long. Oh the memories
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Mine has to be my Roller Skates and my pogo stick. I was very much an active outdoor child, so didn't really play much inside with anything.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2012, 08:56 PM
I had Julip horses and riders, I made a huge stable yard and grooms house for them out of cardboard boxes My whole bedroom was turned into a yard for them and my bed was the mountain they used to go riding on
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2012, 10:39 PM
I was never allowed a bike, my mum was convinced I'd be splatted by a bus.
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Mines were barbies, especially a vet barbie, and a husky dog and sledge that the barbie could sit on....

I also loves these little figure dogs and cats...
Like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dog-and-ca...item4d04e8b515

And I still have them all, somewhere in good condition lol

I have 5 of the dogs/ cats in the ebay link lol

I've still got a dragon suffed animal that my dad gave me before he died.... I've had it for 23 years.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2012, 11:33 PM
A huge orange spacehopper. I used to make jumps in the garden with crates and canes to bounce over.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2012, 05:41 AM
My post office set...made me feel very important handling all those forms and play money
and a bike which my parents got second hand for Christmas and painted up...I thought I was the bee's knees

alot of our time wasn't spent with toys my parents used to say ''you have fields to play in.........or hopscotch and hulahoop''
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2012, 05:59 AM
We only got one toy each for Birthday and Xmas.

My grandad made me a doll's house, wallpapered and furnished by my grandmother.

I had a bedside table made from a wallpapered tea chest.

I did have roller skates one year and my grandmother cut the feet out of my grandad's old socks to make knee and elbow protectors.

I loved my scooter but the thing my brother and I played with most was the go kart made my grandad out of mahogany.

We had some very (scary) exciting adventures on this and how we never got killed I will never know when I look back on where we used to take it!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >