Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LuvMyDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Still waiting for you to post the %'s for me (which make you choose shock collar training over positive methods). (with regards to Snakes.)
Simple straw poll. The number of trainers and organisations supporting shock collar training and the number supporting R+. On a search through Yahoo I've only found 2 R+ trainers and one of them conceeded shock collars were an option. Didn't count the shock collar supporters, I kept going to find the R+ supporters, even had to delve into a few message boards where the shock collars were by far the preferred method. Set the criteria and I'll go count them for you...first 10 pages of Google?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
An observation.

The forum may be widely read but they may not all agree with you Lucky star.

Adam
I am confident most will after reading your posts in this thread.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Can anyone else here find the answer in this thread to these questions ,

Adam has indicated he has replied but I don't believe he has, I think yet again he is avoiding giving a reply.
I believe the reply was something along the lines of it being top secret and to divulge any info he would need your name, address and a copy of your passport - might be worth adding what you added for breakfast this morning too, just to be sure you meet the criteria for the official secrets acts to be broken
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2011, 10:37 PM
post 2038 continued..
ok Adam, I will take your evasion and silence to mean you either haven't taken part in a study at all or you haven't submitted videos which give a true picture of the way you and your mentor use e collars.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
NO! Surely not - it was not observed?? - you cannot have been in pain!
Nope, I guess you're right. I must be imagining it
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I am confident most will after reading your posts in this thread.

I agree with you LS x x
I think you are in the majority, only one, or maybe two don't agree.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by LuvMyDog View Post
Simple straw poll. The number of trainers and organisations supporting shock collar training and the number supporting R+. On a search through Yahoo I've only found 2 R+ trainers and one of them conceeded shock collars were an option. Didn't count the shock collar supporters, I kept going to find the R+ supporters, even had to delve into a few message boards where the shock collars were by far the preferred method. Set the criteria and I'll go count them for you...first 10 pages of Google?
What search criteria did you use?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by LuvMyDog View Post
Nope - I wanted %'s of successes and failures from both sides and what had made you decide the e collar route was the safest.

That would need to include the number of dogs trained with positives that have survived and the ones who have been lost to snake bites, then the ones trained with e-collars and how many have been lost.

But I do not think you will be able to do that....you will go by what you can read..who has the best website - and who speaks the loudest about it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
I agree with you LS x x
I think you are in the majority, only one, or maybe two don't agree.
Thank you. And I know you are ace with dogs!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thank you. And I know you are ace with dogs!

Next time I mess up, I shall tell the dogs I am "Ace with Dogs",
Closed Thread
Page 205 of 206 « First < 105 155 195 202 203 204 205 206 >