View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 10:04 AM
This video you`ll find interesting, Adam. It shows police sniffer dogs being trained. I`m sure you realise how they are trained. In case it`s slipped your mind - it`s done using the dog`s natural drives, and rewarded with play objects. If they get the target they get the ball. Simples! If the police can manage to carry a ball around I`m sure you can.
enjoy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11549006
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

30-11-2010, 05:18 PM
MF/CAD have you watched jacca's follow up vids, especially the heeling one?

Kruse, if I'd used a ball he would have lightened up and maksed those stress signals. But because of the rescource guarding history that would of increased his stress so I decied not to use it (at the time) because of his emotional welfare. Of course it means the vid isn't as nice but I'm not really interested in that!

Btw watch the 2nd heeling vid to the end were he has the ball and is surrounded by other dogs.

Adam
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
MS/CAD have you watched jacca's follow up vids, especially the heeling one?

Kruse, I don't care for games! either make your point or find something else to say.

Adam
We know you can't play games Adam, thats why you need the shock collar to train dogs. Most people can use toys or treats.

As JR used to say, control the games, control the dog.

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer

Kruse, I don't care for games! either make your point or find something else to say.

Adam

ooooh getting a tad annoyed are we lol
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2010, 06:30 PM
MF/CAD have you watched jacca's follow up vids, especially the heeling one?

Kruse, if I'd used a ball he would have lightened up and maksed those stress signals.

Adam
i already said "no" when you asked if this is what i was referring to.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

30-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Then what are you refering too or have I covered it?

Adam
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2010, 06:36 PM
. But because of the rescource guarding history that would of increased his stress so I decied not to use it (at the time) because of his emotional welfare. Of course it means the vid isn't as nice but I'm not really interested in that!
Adam since when have you been interested in the 'emotional welfare' of any dog you train. The emotional welfare of a dog and e collars are incompatible as far as I am concerned.

I think you were a little late in editiding your post, Rune and Tupacs had already seen it and quoted you..
...what games? Do you feel challenged when confronted by a genuine trainer who can actually train dogs and post useful information on forums without the need to quote some sad tramp in a bad wig and ex policeman who lack the necessary skills to train dogs without the use of e collars?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer

Adam

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I think you were a little late in editiding your post, Rune and Tupacs had already seen it and quoted you..
Adam I think you have failed to make any point here and need to find something else to say . I am told you stated elsewhere that although you intended to join lots of forums to promote e collars you feared your ability to debate the subject effectively, I think you were correct in this assertion.

You obviously like to appear knowledgeable about dog training with your use of technical terms but for me your lack of practical training ability and general knowledge of dogs is glaringly obvious. I am sad for the gullible owners who see you as a credible trainer.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 07:27 PM
re Games:
It is wonderfully rewarding to have a dog who responds to play. It makes training that dog a joy. Daisy just lights up when her toy is used in training. I urge any owner who is having training issues to try it.
It also strengthens the dog / handler bond, and makes it possible to override the unwanted aspects of the prey drive.
Play is an immensely valuable resource.....
and not cruel.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post

Its Ok - we can 'Stim' him and he will calm down
Closed Thread
Page 47 of 98 « First < 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 57 97 > Last »