View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 07:44 PM
I am scared of cows, no way I would stand in a field with them!. I don't hate them, if they are behind a fence then I am fine.

We walk on a field where cows and sheep are and if they are not behind the fence I will not go on the field!. They also have a bull as well, I always double check to make sure it is not out. So far so good!.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Maiseymoo View Post
Malpeki, with a bit of luck maybe you can convert your OH and he too will realise what fantastic creatures cows are.

All animals have the capacity to be loving and gentle, all it takes is kindness.

I've just looked through your photos again and that first one set me off crying. I see your cattle are so loved and cared for and then think of all the other poor 'meat creatures' who have never been shown any love or kindness in their very short lives from anyone and have only known abuse and suffering.
It's not their fault they were born a cow, pig or sheep instead of a dog or cat.

I don't usually get upset anymore when I see cruelty, I have seen too many online videos which I've been sent from various animal welfare organisations that now I just get so damn angry and my hatred for certain members of the human species grows. but people like you restore my faith that some humans actually do care.
Oh believe me Maiseymoo, I already tried badly to convert him, tried and failed

all the time I explained him, that they can feel to get loved and not just used, just by the sound of your voice, HOW you are talking to them
and they WILL learn trusting to you
that it will be far easier, when you work WITH them, instead keeping them just as "Moneymaker"
even as he can see now, how easy it is working with "my little crew"
and if it's just to drive them from an old pasture to a new one with fresh green grass
they are just following you where you are going, no troube no one runs around somewhere else

he realised that of course but didn't and wouldn't ever change his behaviour towards his cows, nor to the new born calves ever

and to be honest, I really can not handle with that really
as it upsets me all the time
or like you said, I'm getting so damn angry about!
not that he abuses them, but there is never a nice or calming word, nor a cuddle or nice touch

only when he REALLY needs something of them, like to catch them on the pasture for to bring them home or so
but how stupid can be a cow, that suddenly they would fall for his false words and trust him?
me thinks so stupid not once can't be the most stupid cow!

but now enough said...
I just could write novels about
so you might can imagine...

we cannot change things, we just cannot change
we also cannot simply close our eyes...
but we can turn our back to them and leave, sadly, but however
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Looks really beautiful,where you live
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
I am scared of cows, no way I would stand in a field with them!. I don't hate them, if they are behind a fence then I am fine.

We walk on a field where cows and sheep are and if they are not behind the fence I will not go on the field!. They also have a bull as well, I always double check to make sure it is not out. So far so good!.
awww don't mind Vicky88
don't you know also people which are terrible afraid of dogs?
even if they are the nicest and friendliest, whatever... toy breed?

and as long as you don't know them at all
I can understand your fears of them

but would you just walk through a fenced field with loads, or even just one (bigger maybe) dog you do not know at all?
certainly I wouldn't
rather through a pasture full of cows I don't know

I guess it's also how you grew up?
no idea

for example, my sis is really terrible afraid of spiders!

me not at all, as I know exactly, that no one over here could ever do harm to you
but she knows the same about and nevertheless?

as I said, no idea where those fears are really coming from
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:54 PM
My fears come from being CHASED by cows! I kid you not!
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
My fears come from being CHASED by cows! I kid you not!
well I know, you already told about?
or was it someone else on another Thread?

there I told how once I cot chased by a billy goat when I was a kid
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
well I know, you already told about?
or was it someone else on another Thread?

there I told how once I cot chased by a billy goat when I was a kid
Probably did tell about it because there once was a very long thread on here about COWS and how they are not always such gentle creatures! I think a lot of the websites and literature aimed at walkers and ramblers carry warnings.

Here's an example - although it is four years old - it more or less covers the subject. I think the main danger is when they are 'protecting their young'.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8216869.stm
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
awww don't mind Vicky88
don't you know also people which are terrible afraid of dogs?
even if they are the nicest and friendliest, whatever... toy breed?

and as long as you don't know them at all
I can understand your fears of them

but would you just walk through a fenced field with loads, or even just one (bigger maybe) dog you do not know at all?
certainly I wouldn't
rather through a pasture full of cows I don't know

I guess it's also how you grew up?
no idea

for example, my sis is really terrible afraid of spiders!

me not at all, as I know exactly, that no one over here could ever do harm to you
but she knows the same about and nevertheless?

as I said, no idea where those fears are really coming from
I have got better. I have no idea what I would do with dogs as I am not worried about dogs at all. I guess it would depend on how scared of them you actually are. I am not so scared by them that I can't walk on a field when they are behind a fence. I am scared by them enough to not walk on a field when they are not behind a fence though.

I guess it is just the size of them and then one freaked me out when I was on holiday in Wales and stuck with me. I see them often these days so I am not as scared by them.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Probably did tell about it because there once was a very long thread on here about COWS and how they are not always such gentle creatures! I think a lot of the websites and literature aimed at walkers and ramblers carry warnings.

Here's an example - although it is four years old - it more or less covers the subject. I think the main danger is when they are 'protecting their young'.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8216869.stm
Hi Tangutica, sorry for my late reply but I've always been so busy for to

well, I already heard of it
that was the first time, when I've been with my ex husband for fishing in Ireland at Cavan around on the Shannon
that "leader" of there told us where the best place is for to fish for pike and whatever, but also told us, that we have to be aware of cows with calves and that already some people got injured or even killed by them
and really, really never did hear of something like that over here

just checked it online, the only reports of kinda "defending cows of their calves" or bulls of defending their herd are from Austria or Switzerland but you just have not get too close to them

in point of dogs, who knows, maybe they see their "natural" (wolves) enemy of them?

but anyway, as since BARF got so much in fashion, they has no business there, as you wont be able to controll every poo they do there on the pastures of cattles
or owners wont just care to pick them up (or even find them there again), as nobody who walks along the ways can see them there
but especially raw feeded dogs can transfer Neospora caninum, which leads to abortive births of cows, even if they get it by hay, when it gets in the circulation of their food

and I know that not only by the internet, I also talked about that problem with the vet of the cattles
and he confirmed me that case by experiences

so maybe better to be aware of cows and avoid their pastures and meadows, than to pss them with your dog

but as I said, I know them they are nice ones, even with calves
so I can easily be "brave"

but of that bull of my BF! I just would run away, as he is REALLY aggressive
I really do not like him
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2013, 11:55 PM
by the way, I do not just care about my dog or others
I also care about others

so just when I can remember, there were once posting pics, of one who let their dog run through a cornfield

TBH, I don't think that that is nice
as those snapped off haulms by that action wont get up again and wont produce proper grain anymore, which is those farmers subsistence
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >