Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 08:29 PM
stop Louise

Right, now I have done my grown up bit.............glad you are keeping her and adding a friend.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 09:32 PM
OK..we went to the house..and ferret was in sparse hutch..away around the corner from the house in a dark corner..

Owner told us she is 5 months old (but she's HUGE!) and she's very friendly..likes getting baths..(did a bit digging elsewhere and found out she has only had her for a couple of months)
Owner opened the door..took her out, stroked her and handed her to me..she was climbing all over me then onto Alex..back to me on my shoulder I lifted her down and Cj stroked her then I gave her to Alex.. Next thing Alex is "owwing"..and walking toward the hutch..I asked if she was biting him and she had latched onto the back of his hand..Owner tapped her on the nose saying no..that didn't work..so Alex put her back in her hutch and she let go..

All this time Owner said she was shaking..that she was excited to be meeting new people..Personally I think she was probably terrified..it was cold, dark and she was probably sleeping..

SO she broke the skin..but no blood....YET..

Alex said to still take her..and we did..got into the van after he had loaded the hutch and his hand was now pouring blood and swelling up lovely..

SO..SHe is currently in the shower in a mesh carrier..she has a hay bed, water and food..and our wee Squiggles is wandering about around her..so they can get used to each other..they are making funny noises to each other and Doodles (the new one) was rolling on her back and playing..awwwwww cute..

May let them together soon or might wait until tomorrow..I am soo tired (have done 4 nights 10pm-8am..finished at 8 this morning and haven't slept!)as I want to be able to keep an eye on them..
As soon as the rain stops we will sort out the hutch for them..Alex is going to put tall legs on it..about 4-5ft and then mesh up around the legs to make a run under the hutch..
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
stop Louise

Right, now I have done my grown up bit.............glad you are keeping her and adding a friend.
What was that?? Didn't quite hear it...it was so half hearted
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 09:39 PM
ouch!!
they tremble with exitment and fear
my guessing is shes been left on her own in the cage from a kit,and not handled and if so slapped?which is very sad as they are lazy but very sociable.
when you put them together it will prob sound like they are killing each other,lots of noises!,ive only ever put hobbs together and after the initial meeting ,they have curled up together thereafter.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Just put the two of them together..there were some moments when I thought they were trying to kill each other..and some when I thought they were playing!!

Took some video and pics but too tired to upload tonight..

Hubby was handling Squiggles but I think its plain to see why he is now wary of Doodles..so he had big gloves on LOL..Squiggles is sooooo cute..
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Poor Alex, that would have hurt!!!! They have big teeth for little rats that ate a rolling pin . Once Doodles gets use to you all then there will be no stopping him and hopefully the biting will stop, as Tupacs said Doodles more than likely hasn't been handled that much, I hope they get on, they make some funny noises I know that much. Can't wai for the piccys. Congrates on the new addition
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Poor Alex, that would have hurt!!!! They have big teeth for little rats that ate a rolling pin . Once Doodles gets use to you all then there will be no stopping him and hopefully the biting will stop, as Tupacs said Doodles more than likely hasn't been handled that much, I hope they get on, they make some funny noises I know that much. Can't wai for the piccys. Congrates on the new addition
tsk tsk!!! lol
they are related to otters not rats!!
yip great soundeffects
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 12:02 AM
What are you like Congrats on the new additions
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
tsk tsk!!! lol
they are related to otters not rats!!
yip great soundeffects
I know I am naughty, but I really didn't mean it , I know they aren't related to rats I am just being silly
My O/H has been wanting some and he has had them before I am no no noing him and will definately not show him this thread as I will lose my will and say yes. I would love some but nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo I will not do it I have will power (I hope)
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2009, 12:22 AM
so.........how do ferrets compare to dogs as pets?!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >