Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi moobli
Not sure if it will be any use but the breeder of my young collie is a contract shepard based in perthshire. She may be able to give you some pointers. Her name is Laura,she's very nice. Her web site is www.corriedhu.co.uk there's a link on there to email her, not sure how quick she will respond though as looking at her blog she's gotambs coming out of her ears. Good luck with the scouting mission
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jfk View Post
Hi moobli
Not sure if it will be any use but the breeder of my young collie is a contract shepard based in perthshire. She may be able to give you some pointers. Her name is Laura,she's very nice. Her web site is www.corriedhu.co.uk there's a link on there to email her, not sure how quick she will respond though as looking at her blog she's gotambs coming out of her ears. Good luck with the scouting mission
Thanks JFK. I already know Laura
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 09:31 PM
For those of you that have visited Glen Lyon, have you travelled up past Pubil to Loch Lyon? If so, do you have any photos of that end of the Glen? I have been looking on the Geograph site but can't find what I am looking for
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 07:35 PM
UPDATE:

We will be staying where we are in the Borders for the time being. We are still going to go up and have a look at Glen Lyon but for various reasons, it would seem that the location of the house, as well as some aspects of the job, aren't for us at this stage. No knowing what might happen in the future though

Thanks to everyone who gave me their input and experiences.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Just revisiting this thread as I finally went down Glen Lyon on my recent holiday and saw the house that would have been ours had we taken the job.

It was a looooong way down the Glen - in fact, as far as you can go before heading up and over the unmade road that eventually leads to Tyndrum/Rannoch Moor area I think.

The cottage was also situated just under the dam wall, and so would have been quite dark I think. It is an incredibly beautiful Glen and I think if the shepherding job/house had been only halfway down or less then it would have been very appealing indeed. As it is, I think we made the right decision.

This is the cottage.

And really nice to see your pics again Iso, as I recognise the places now, having been

I am now happy to compromise with the hubby and look to buy a small hill place (assuming we can find one within budget!) for when we retire (or earlier if possible!) in Highland Perthshire.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Its such a lovely place Kirsty Glen Lyon and Rannoch moor always places I visit when up in Dalmally
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3