Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 03:45 PM

Animal Care Courses

Hi all
am new to Dogsey and this has probably been asked before, but can anyone please recommend a course leading to professional qualification in animal behaviour/training etc. or alternative therapies (dogs in particular). Has anyone completed a course, by distance learning with 'hands on' experience/training also maybe, and did you think money, time spent well worth it. Have been searching the net and found one that looks reputable but not sure(don't know if it is ok to mention name on here), would be interested to hear of anyones experience of such(hopefully good ones)
Thankyou for your help
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 03:48 PM
The course I will be starting on Monday leads on to special units and qualifications in certain dog areas (If I pass) such as training and behaviour, I hope I will be going on to the special units in vet nursing, where abouts in the UK are you? - I shall PM you the college I am talking about, so you can have a look

Opps I cant PM you as you have not made 20 posts.
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Where abouts are you in the world?
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Meyscough college in Garstang Lancashire do a lot of animal courses. They have a small annex in Croxteth but don't do much there. Depends on where you are
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi

I am considering a course in dog behaviour too. I have heard good things about Compass which offer distance learning.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Thankyou for your replies, I am in Yorkshire and think will have missed start dates for any courses this year. It is difficult for me to travel also at the moment. Good luck DevilDogs with your college course(not quite enough posts yet for pm) and Luchi in finding a course also, will look at the one you have mentioned. Thankyou all once again
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2010, 07:59 AM
I'll PM you with details of the courses I've done. I can highly recommend them, but not cheap! Oops same here about the 20 posts!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Thankyou it would be a big help to know of courses people have done and can recommend