Female 

05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Well done Bruce, brains as well as beauty
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Well done! Good old Bruce, he's a star!

I started my attempt at teaching Monty to count the other day. He looked thoroughly confused! He's not overkeen on barking anyway unless the Hoover is on!! He gets fed up and then just either makes the motion of barking but no noise or makes a noise that resembles chewbacca!!

I also tried to teach him to fetch different toys but he just went for the one he wanted all the time. Practice and patience and all that though. Just me and him at home next week when OH is away so will work on it more next week.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Well done Bruce, brains as well as beauty
Bruce say's Thank You Auntie Jen
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Well done! Good old Bruce, he's a star!

I started my attempt at teaching Monty to count the other day. He looked thoroughly confused! He's not overkeen on barking anyway unless the Hoover is on!! He gets fed up and then just either makes the motion of barking but no noise or makes a noise that resembles chewbacca!!

I also tried to teach him to fetch different toys but he just went for the one he wanted all the time. Practice and patience and all that though. Just me and him at home next week when OH is away so will work on it more next week.

I'm interested with the colours like Loki Mom said, although i will have to wait awhile so I don't overload him.

I decided against the bark, as he barks to ''tell'', so then we may get all confused, so I used the ''tap on my flat palm'' I have to say the first day, every time I picked his foot up and tapped it on my hand to my ''one two'' he kept looking at his foot afterwards, as if he was expecting it to do something and I couldn't do it whilst Skye was around as she kept pushing her head in for a fuss
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:13 PM
thats dogs daft (but clever )
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Clever Bruce, what a good boy.... think I will try it
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:59 PM
We've gone upto four he's a smart cookie
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Awwww bless, well done both of you xxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
We've gone upto four he's a smart cookie
Woohoo, way to go Bruce

(just a few more and he'll be able to count better than me)
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Wow clever Bruce, but then that don't surprise me at all. I know what you mean about trying when Skye is around. It's the same here. If I want some time with Poppy or vis versa I have to do it when the other is out with Chris otherwise it's jealousy jealousy jealousy We have those dogs puzzles but trying to do it when there both in the room is like bedlam because they both want the same one....as with all the other toys

Elaine xxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Woohoo, way to go Bruce

(just a few more and he'll be able to count better than me)
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Wow clever Bruce, but then that don't surprise me at all. I know what you mean about trying when Skye is around. It's the same here. If I want some time with Poppy or vis versa I have to do it when the other is out with Chris otherwise it's jealousy jealousy jealousy We have those dogs puzzles but trying to do it when there both in the room is like bedlam because they both want the same one....as with all the other toys

Elaine xxxxxx
So funny this morning I nearly split my sides laughing, I got 3 cream crackers.....asked Reah for her paw,,brill, she got a cream cracker.

Asked Skye for a paw.....stubborn...NO NO NO.

So moved to bruce.....said Bruce one two and put two fingers up...Bruce does a One two on my palm.
Said to Pat watch the four one......( missed out the three)
''Bruce''....(holds four fingers up)and said....one two three four

Bruce does THREE taps
Try again..........
Bruce does THREE taps

Pat suddenly says......your thick (to me) three comes after two....even the dog knows that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the meantime, Skye is WooooooooWoooooooooing for her cream cracker......the neighbours must of thought ''what the hell''
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >