Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 01:58 PM

Migraine without the headache - Anyone had this

Well, what a scary scary scary experience, as I type this I still feel sick. I was on the computer and suddenly as I looked at type some of the letters were blacked out by a blurry dark dot, then I couldnt read sentences, then it was like I lost the sight in my left eye just a blurry black tunnel.

I sat down on the settee and my left eye, right at the extreme left corner, started to have flickering bright shapes of obscure shapes, some were translucent like shards of glass some were the color if you look at a flourescent strip light, then there was an "amoeba shaped" thing, translucent with dark edges and spirally in shape that was flashing very quickly in front of my eyes. This was in front of both eyes but more so the left eye it followed whereevrer I looked, the wall, the floor, the cieling, the dog, and even If I shut my eyes it was there as were the flickering sharp shapes.

I felt freezing cold, very sick and scared stupid. Just me and Ben in the house ( I am supoposed to be working) Anyway the whole thing lasted about 35 - 40 minutes then then the flickering slowed down and eventually went and I stopped feeling dizzy

I am now exhausted, still freezing and feel sick (but that could well be the worry , I thought I might be about to have a heart attack or a fit or something) Anyway waiting for doc to phone me back as he is in surgery. But true to form have been looking on net and found that apparently you can have migraines without headaches???

I know that noone is a medical expert (unless any of you are actually docs!!) and I am not wanting a diagnosis just to find out if anyone has heard of/ experienced this?

Gee it was scary scary.

Thanks guys
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-09-2007, 02:00 PM
It sounds like my sister gets now and then, will ask her when I see her later.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks would really appreciate it.
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Yep I had this, I was petrified as I had never had a migraine and went to the opticians as I thought my vision was going. She told me I had a migraine and to go off to bed for a few hours. any was I was quesy hot and cold and chivery but no actual headache. Went to sleep and woke up a few hours later fine!
Weird though and really horrible. Hope you feel better soon x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks Shirley

Yeah this happened about 11 and I went and lay on my bed (my theory was if I was about to have a fit I would be lying somewhere oft and might not injure myself!!! Was too sacred to phone anyone except my OH!!!) Anyway managed to sleep for couple of hours and now I still feel freezing even though the heating is on and I still feel sick but the stuff in front of my eyes has gone and NO headache.

I have never had a migraine and certainly never had this, don't get me wrong I do get sore heads but this like you say was petrifying.....

Do you still get it?
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Nope never had another one! It was really weird. The doc thinks mine was stress related because I was planning a big corporate event that was on that night! I was ok to go the event in the evening though to get even more stressed out!
My mum gave me one of those cold patches to put on my head t take me temp down and it really helped.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Hope you are feeling a bit better now Benzmum
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 03:48 PM
How frightening for you. Had you been out in the sun?? I only ask because my husband who gets frequent migraines, came home Saturday after being out in the sun WITH a hat on, said his head felt like it was cooking, and he sat down to his dinner, but just couldn't eat it. He said he felt sick and had the symptoms of a migraine but he didn't have the headache. He went off to bed, his room was freezing cold to me, but he said he was boiling hot and sweating, then he would turn freezing cold and he had funny lights and images when he looked around the room? Sound familiar??? Later on that night it did turn into one of his migraines unfortunately. I hope that doc gets to you soon asyou're all alone, you must be very scared, but I honestly think it's migraine related,it sounds so much like what my husband gets. Luckily I don't suffer from them. I have had funny dots and stars and things appearing before my eyes and they follow my vision everywhere, but that doesn't usually last long when I get them. I put it down to small blood vessels bursting behind my eyes or something like that, so of course you'd get these images if some blood was seeping around. Blimey, I don't want to frighten you that you're having a brain heammorhage or something, please don't think that, the symptoms are entirely different, my friend had one, so don't worry about that. She had projectile vomiting and passed out, so it's definitely not that!!!!! All the best, I hope your doc gets hold of you soon. Take care.xxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks for that. Still waiting for doc to phone me back and I guess hes not still at the surgery????? All the flashy light things hav subsided but I do feel quite nauseous although I have had a bowl of soup and some cold meats and bread. And OH is back home so I don't feel quite so scared.

I just wish I knew what it was as it was really scary

I wasnt out in the sun though, it has been dull here I was just on the pc with Phillip and Fern on and Phillip ended up with 2 blurry heads

But thanks for your replies
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
It's getting a bit late isn't it for him to ring? What about you ringing NHS direct???? They ask you loads of questions if they think it's something serious and depending on your answers they will send an ambulance out, and that might put your mind at rest if they don't do that perhaps???? I hope you're a bit better nowthat you've eaten anyways. Take care.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >