Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by royv
Cordless phones emit far less radiation than their mobile counterparts. This is because they don't need to - their signal only has to go as far as the nearest base station - which is no further than the 100m maximum range for this technology. Mobile phones on the other hand, emit a much stronger signal as it has to reach the nearest phone mast, which may be kilometres away.

Both the old analogue cordless phones and the newer DECT phones emit radiation with power output of some 10 milliwatts, compared to mobile phones of between 125 and 250 milliwatts.

I wonder what the power output ratings are for wireless computer devices

Oh Roy I am worrying now - my kids use wireless computers and the cordless phones and mobiles too
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
Hey? who said we're not......lol.
OK ..GIVE IN
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 09:22 PM
It seems that everything we use today is somehow a health issue, its like food in a restaurant if you knew what they added to the food you would probably not eat it. Also why is it that all the nice things in life like cakes and crisps tend to be bad for you or put weight on you? My theory is to enjoy life today and take the cosequences tomorrow
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 09:26 PM
My sentiments entirely, Trixy
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Trixy
its like food in a restaurant if you knew what they added to the food you would probably not eat it.
TRUST ME I Have worked in a few good restaurants ...but i wouldn't eat there .
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
TRUST ME I Have worked in a few good restaurants ...but i wouldn't eat there .
UMmmmmmmmmm I can imagine Yuk!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 10:17 AM
i can quite happily say that i beleive no damage is done. We are on a wireles system and work closely with the NRPB as our engineers regularly go on nuclear site. Generally each year the maximum dose is 20 milisevers spending a week on a NUCLEAR plant only gives 0.2 millisevers and that is working next to the reactors!!!. These badges are sat on my desk every day and record any radiation given off. we have cordless phones, mobiles ect and we record no damaging emissions.

Alex
xx
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Different article Rip, the one was read in a scandi newspaper, well that's what I think my OH meant They seem to have conclusive results - I'm no scientist and wouldn't have a clue but it's always interesting and good to keep ones finger on the pulse

Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
"Recent media attention has focused on a possible link between cellular (cell) phone use and brain cancer, originally because of a lawsuit that alleged such a link"
"There are four types of wireless telephones: cordless, transportable, mobile, and portable phones. Cordless telephones, commonly used in homes, have base units that are plugged into telephone jacks and wired to a local telephone service; these are not considered "cellular" phones"

But this is saying that cordless phones are not classed as cellular and therefore aren't harmful like mobiles etc.

Unless I've misread your post MC and this wasn't the original article you read?

Or I've misread the article and I'm wrong on both counts, which for me on a day like today is very possible!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2006, 12:03 PM
That explains it then, coz I've always got a phone stuck to my ear!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2006, 06:08 PM
By the time we've been zapped by the phones and then nuked by the microwave and poisoned by the fish ( not to mention the bird flu ) there won't be much left of us to worry about LOL
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2