Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 06:49 AM

Daily Thread, Friday 7th October

Good morning everyone, well yesterdays thread went down like a flat balloon, never known it so quiet.

Hope everyone is ok?

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 07:11 AM
Morning Moyra and anyone who else follows. Yep I noticed that to Moyra. Probably all out Christmas shopping. bg!! I hate these dark mornings. They came round so quickly. Hope you are feeling better today. Have a good one whatever you decide to do. bfn.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Just changed the sheets on my bed and what an effort they take. Still the dirty ones are in the machine and hopefully will get them dry today with a bit of luck. Either out on the line or on the racks I put across the top of the night storage heaters.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2016, 08:09 AM

I would say good morning but it is overcast with some rain. Got a bit cold last night so on with the central heating.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2016, 08:45 AM
Still dark and gloomy here. Was trying to rain when I was giving girls their breakfasts. Just walks to the field and back with playtime now as not risking it on the country park with Mabs and Kesh being in season. Will be taking some of them onto the river to tomorrow as it will be really low
No way am I doing 'C' shopping yet Have to wait for my heating allowance money anyway as I bought coal and bags of wood when it was cheap, then I repay myself and get the shopping with it
Still paying Lona's vets bill, nearly there now, think I will see the end of it this month, been chipping away at it, lump sum when I get my works pension and 20 squid here and there.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Good morning

Hope you get the washing dry Moyra

Good morning Brenda hope you are keeping well

Fingers crossed that Zen holds off coming into season until after the test June and that all your walks are uneventful.

Dull here with some light showers so that has put paid to some more gardening so have done all the homework instead Was quite dark when I got up in fact I had overslept a bit so must have needed the sleep.

Hope all four legged and two are keeping well and out of mischief.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.

Hope the sheets dry Moyra bit damp feeling here and dull.
Wise move June with the girls.
Lovely pictures in the morning Barry.

Well not bad news two slightly happier things. Mark didn't get the warehouse manager's job but they really want him on the team. It went to an internal candidate but they have offered him a position saying that next management or supervisor position comes up he would be in with a chance.
His dilemma is pound an hour less which adds up over the year and his chances of renting privately back in Harlow.
He may take it though commute from here save up for a hefty deposit and with his and Lauren's money may get the flat they want. He did originally want to do it all in his name.
Michael and Maca having a great time in Vietnam they went on a 5 hour trek through wilderness and mountains stayed a night with a family there then trekked back in the morning.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Aw Lynn, that's excellent news on the job front He won't pay as much tax will he though, sometimes it works out as very little difference when the numbers have been crunched.
5 hour trek better them than me
Best get walks done and back before everyone else is out. Woman with a kid in a buggy, dog on extending lead tied to the handles yesterday, had Cariad, Lona and Zen with me, was in the pub carpark behind a work van so fast if you had blinked you would have missed me.
Hoping Griff's alright, she's very quiet
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 10:25 AM
All OK HERE. #gloomy, overcast day. OH has taken Holly and Alfie to Alfie's Gastro appointment at Addenbrookes, so I took Ben out for a walk early soon after they left and for the first time ever he stopped! We were about half a mile away from the house, walking out across the fields when he just stopped and would not move until I turned round and walk back towards home. He is definitely getting old - he has a slight limp, but nothing serious, and he is eating well but he is still on his steroids so I am hoping it is them that are making him feel less bouncy than usual.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 10:34 AM
I've been looking at old cottages and barn conversions on the Welsh borders around Hay, Hereford, Shropshire, Somerset. OH and I are rattling around in this large house, and so we are downsizing and moving southwestwards. Plan is to buy a 2 or 3 bed house with a granny annexe or separate property in the grounds that we could let out for self-catering. My idea is of course for the let to be dog friendly, but I will not place any restrictions on numbers and I will not make a charge for the dog/s. Most places charge around an extra £20 a week per dog, but my idea is to make sure that the place is well stocked with cleaning materials, Dyson, mops, buckets and work on a honesty system that most people - like myself - will always leave their holiday property immaculate, so no need to rip people off with extra charges. I shall provide plenty of throws for beds and furniture, beds, bowls, poo bags, everything a dog requires - my only protection being a larger than normal refundable deposit which will only be refunded once the property has been checked after departure. Any serious damage done that cannot be simply cleaned or rectified will be deducted from the deposit.

I think that most doggie people are like myself - very grateful to be allowed to stay in beautiful properties with their beloved dogs, and treat the place with respect and leave it immaculately clean. You will always get the odd one that takes the piss and leaves the place dirty, which is fine, but as long as no actual unrectifiable damage is done, they will always get their deposit returned.

I think I should be quite popular! What does everyone think? It will be at the luxury end of the market, with land to walk dogs on and maybe even stabling for horses etc. etc. A real luxury country getaway with all mod cons, luxury bedding, well stocked fridge and larder.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »