Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 07:09 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, Jan 8

Good morning everyone, pi9tch black out there cannot see a thing. Amber is eating her breakfast. I must get dress, have had my shower and washed my hair. It needs cutting again although I am trying to grow it longer.

Lynn, hope you get your BT box sorted out today.

June, hope the sun shines so you can get the girls out for a run.

Griff, has your mum decided what she is going to do?

Eileen, hope the babies have settled in well and no giving you too many sleepless nights.

Hope we all have a better day weatherwise today. Take care keep warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 07:43 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Dry yayyyy and was all last night too.

The new series sounds exciting LG will have to take a look when I get the downstairs tv back.
Enjoy the break Mandy.

Came down about 7 this morning and after leaving the box switched off all last night tried again. It won't re-set it won't re-tune to 100% says it cannot find channels. Upstairs tv with no box is still working fine.
I can get catch up and netflix but no normal tv through the box. So must be the box.
Will have to ask Gorden if he has time to ring them today this is his domain and under his name. Will be looking for one of those independent boxes from the shops at this rate damn things keep going wrong.

Have a good day everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Just walked Amber and it has started raining again and I thought it was supposed to be dry this morning. Those poor folks up north how they are coping with it all I do not know. I hope Gorden can sort out your BT box problem with them Lynn.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Good morning Lynn, Morya and all who follow

At least you got out in the dry Moyra and hope the rain stops soon.

Hope Gorden can sort something with the box Lynn. Expect you are busy getting ready for your visitors.

Hope your mum comes to the right decision Griff. Not a nice position to be in all because of some bully.

Dry and sunny here with a frost this morning. It was lovely to walk Teazle and not have to rub her down on our return. Nothing much planned today. Out in a moment to the village to post a parcel to Brazil - fingers crossed this one doesn't cause a problem but then it is only worth £6.00 and nothing else in with it.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Good Morning all
well my dad has left the heating on for me as he says it was frozen this morning...very unusual of him, he normally turns it off and i don't dare touch it Lol
Moyra, hopefully it will be dry on your next walk
Lynn, hope gorden gets you sorted out...are you looking forward to your weekend with the boys?
Lol Sue, hopefully this parcel will get to brazil no bother
Had a good chat with my mum last night, she hasn't decided what is happening yet...which is wise as if she takes this medical retirement thing she may not be able to work, it all needs looking at thoroughly. The doctor was apparently lovely and was absolutely appalled by what had gone on and how my mum had been treated and is being treated, there are several things they are doing which is affecting her health and she was disgusted to find that mum had had so many bereavements of close relatives in 3 weeks and that work hadn't sent her home.....or offered her the use of a councillor or anything. Hopefully a good solution will be found, she seemed happier last night but i did point out that she needs to look at everything and make sure it is the right thing and not just take it
off for a blood test today, lets hope that all my boozing over christmas hasn't done too much damage Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 10:17 AM
We've had heavy rain, again, overnight. Seems to be petering out and I didn't get wet when I was sorting the girls out, plus the beds are staying a heck of a lot dryer. They are going to have to go out today really, if it stays as it is we can go out, if there is a deluge then we can't, forecast says dry with light cloud as from now, will give it an hour and then we will get off.
Griff, I would use the doctors opinion on the way she has been treated to force some sort of compensation from the Council, he will be presenting a written report and she needs to ask for a copy of that. Total morons the lot of them, and if they can't treat someone as nice as your mum properly then maybe having to loosen their purse strings will give them a sharp reminder as to their responsibilities to their long serving staff members.
Going to have my brekkie,catch up on stuff, then girls can go out. Shopping this afternoon for food (for me!) girls have an almost entire tall freezer for them, plus an under counter size one, both of which are pretty full. About time mine got filled
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 10:28 AM
The sun has come out now. Thankfully, not sure for how long. Tesco's has just delivered and we have enjoyed a full English breakfast. Well full now.

Hope the rain holds off for everyone else.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Lol...always the way isn't it TW...dog have plenty of stuff and us hoomans have to make do with very little Lol
We have a copy of the doctors report already, she is contacting mums GP for a medical report and we know fine well the gp will be very very honest, in fact mum went back to work against her wishes, the dr wanted her to be off longer but after 6 months your salary gets halved whilst you are off so mum had to go back. I do have news though... i think it will be safe to say it in here, you know the bully?? we all but one of her new team have been to their union and someone i believe has lodged an official complaint....she must have found out the other day as apparently she went into an office, was in there for a little bit and then came running out in tears Lol Mum has told the lady making the complaint she may approach her union for all the info they have and mum will ensure he has her contact details when she leaves as she will gladly speak up.
As for compensation...not a chance TW, to be honest i will be surprised if she gets out of there with anything let alone compensation...i have a feeling she is getting stitched up
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 10:39 AM
forgot to add, just spent £40 of my christmas money...... got a cctv recorder for the back bedroom, now just need to save up and buy the hard disk for it, have another cctv camera so then the back of the house will be covered too..can't run a cable across my roof as it is 3 storeys high i would need a fella with massive ladders to come and sort it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 10:40 AM
She has the evidence in her hands already, and if they don't play ball then the word 'tribunal' will be enough to daunt them, do they want their disgusting treatment of their staff plastered all over the local and national newspapers, do they want to be personally named and shamed, I think not. Great that someone is actually doing something and standing up for themselves at long last, if this bully is already in tears then they are indeed cowardly, where is there 'attitude' now eh, not so brave after all are they
Ooh a full English, music to my ears
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »