Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
My friend had this problem with 2 small dogs that used to try and have a go snapping and snarling through their gate when she walked her GSD x Wolfhound past.

She did say to the lady who owned the house & dogs that it wasn't very nice her dogs behaving like that as it initmidated her dog (yes I know he's tons bigger!) and she replied that they were only defending their territory to which my friend replied that the pavement was not their territory!

Exactly. I dont mind dogs giving off barking etc, but this is a bit much and the fact that it actually has attempted to grab a dog by jumping over the fence and lunging straight for it yet its still out there on its own....they leave it out on its own while they are inside. I can understand if they are in training but they can only be in training if the owner is making the effort to be out with them - which they arent. Even if they put up higher fencing or something...I just feel sorry for it as you could see it coming but no one seems to have taken the time to train it out...and then there is the issue of why should I have to walk on a road, instead of the pavement...if it continues to escalate....what if someones dog escapes and is walking along the street without an owner and it goes flying over the fence....(not that I am justifying loose dogs but accident happen...) Another one that is sometimes there is tied up outside in summer..
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2