Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ume chika
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:59 PM

Clever deceptive Jack!

i had a packet of biscuits on the table that was nearly empty, and i was watching tv. jack kept eyeing up the packet as i was no longer eating from it, he made a couple of attempts for the packet but each time i stopped him. about 10 mins later jack made the whine for wee and went to the door, so i got up and went to let him out for a wee, at which point he doubled back and ninja'd the packet of biscuits, before i could stop him he had munched down the last remaining couple. after that i asked him if he still wanted a wee and he wasnt bothered about going outside. so i think he intentionally decieved me to get those remaining biscuits.
Has anyone elses dog done anything like that?
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Oh what a clever sneaky boy
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Yes, both my dogs used to do that to the other occasionally to get the chewie or bone from them. They'd use distraction, like barking at the window, and I think it was just very hard for the other dog to be sure if there was something going on at the window or not, so they responded anyway, and often lost their bone
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post

Yes, both my dogs used to do that to the other occasionally to get the chewie or bone from them. They'd use distraction, like barking at the window, and I think it was just very hard for the other dog to be sure if there was something going on at the window or not, so they responded anyway, and often lost their bone
Yes, that's my two to a tee And it's always canny Wilma distracting Tim Nice but Dim Barney

She uses the "look what a lovely toy I've found", "this is an extremely interesting smell", "quick look who's coming to the door", rushes barking to te back door 'cos the pesky fox is out there!

Barney always looks so forlorn & hard done by but still falls for it every time They've not caught me out ~ yet!
ume chika
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2011, 09:52 AM
they can be very sneaky, usually jack just whines to try and get what he wants, but this time he was very clever. i wonder if he would/could decieve other dogs?