View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Do you think there will be an increase in these sorts of scams because of how things are economically?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 10:16 AM
What a horrible thing....

However, I'm fairly sure that if any tried to take Max or Murphy, they'd not keep them for that long! They are being horrors at the moment!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Very scary for the poor owners Unfortunately it would seem that dogs being stolen for the reward money is on the increase.
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Eeek thats a bit too close for comfort - I think I would have to seriously maim anyone doing anything like that to my Mouse, or any dog grrrrrr
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Someone tried to pinch my mums guide dog years ago when she was off lead in the park, a car drove up, and someone tried to grab my mums dog, Fay, my mums dog was so scared she took off and run home across busy roads , and luckily someone else was around saw what happenend and helped my mum home where Fay was waiting, imagine trying to pinch a blind womans guide dog, after that nothing suprises me, but its scary if this is on the increase now.
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Jesus there is some scum bags about. Anyone tried to get my two would not know what hit em.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Thank god they got their dog back.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
Just imagine that stomach plummeting moment when you realise your dog has gone! Terrifying, so glad they got their dog back but how awful to think these poeple know where they live.
That's a feeling I hope I never have to experience. Makes me shudder just thinking of it!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
...every dog while in a highway or in a place of public resort shall wear a collar with the name and address of the owner inscribed on the collar or on a plate or badge attached to it.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si1992/Uksi_19920901_en_1.htm
Of course, I was sitting thinking they must follow the owner to their home after taking the dog...................... What a twit I am. Was looking for some clever scam where really, it's quite simple

Think it must have been too early in the day for my brain to be in gear Thanks for helping my poor brain
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2009, 06:31 AM
I must admit that although I know you should have your address on the tag I still only have a contact number!
I've had loads of people pet the dogs and say 'that's a nice tag, what's their name' and then turn it over, so I've always been a bit suspicious and paranoid about that.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >