Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
I hate waiting... I am not a person endowed with a lot of patience when it comes to waiting for exciting events
I can't believe it's not quite 11am... I feel like I've been at work for days trying to make the time go faster! It doesn't help that the team I work for are out of the office today at a conference, so I only have the phones to man and a few bits of my NVQ to work on
I sooo understand.
Getting Hoki was really quick, but for the others, it seemed we had to wait for one reason or another. Mind you, nothing like the 8 week wait for a new pup - heaven knows how I would cope with that
(but just in case someone is thinking it, getting a dog quick is not the reason I rescue)
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I think the home check went well The lady who came out was lovely and I think she was a bit amused by the file of information I had put together for her to see I had made up a list of "initial expenses" such as buying a crate, collars, leads, extra toys, etc, and a list of "ongoing expenses" like food, insurance, replacement toys, vaccinations, worming, etc. I also included several insurance quotes; maps of "safe walk" areas that we use to compensate for the teeny garden; and information about the local puppy creche, dog walkers and training classes.

So now we just have to wait for the report to make its way back to the home visit co-ordinator, then back to the lady who runs the rescue, and hopefully we will get the green light and it won't be too long before I can introduce a new family member
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Glad it went well

More waiting! Still, I'm sure it'll be well worth it in the end
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Oh definitely! I spoke to the foster-mum of the dog we're hoping to adopt and she has sent me some info about how he's settling in and I've just seen some new pictures... he is definitely going to be worth the wait!

I've been logging into my email every ten minutes, just in case the rescue have made contact with me that way (I've no idea if they're going to call or email me), although I'm sure I probably won't hear anything until next week.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Glad it went well - you sound very organised

Are you going to tell us what kind of doglet you are after or is it all top secret??!!
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2008, 10:33 AM
It's all classified, I'm afraid That way if it doesn't happen, I won't feel silly
tigertail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I wish you luck tomorrow sez and amber
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
WE PASSED!
Because we weren't sure how long the process would take, we went ahead with our appointment to have Amberella spayed, so we're going to have to wait until she has recovered before we can go for a meeting with our potential new addition, but it's all sounding excellent, so hopefully in a couple of weeks, he'll be home
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Brilliant news

So now you have passed, is it still a secret...or do you want to wait to see how things go with the meeting before you say anything?

(ps, gentle hugs to Ella)
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2008, 04:22 PM
He's a fifteen week old lurcher and he's brindled too!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >