Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2007, 09:22 AM

Judges needed

I've been asked by the Chairman of the Crossbreed and Mongrel Club to see if there are any members on Dogsey that are willing to judge at the Grand Final (SCAMPS) in September. This will involve judging conformation heats as well as the fun classes.

The show is to take place in Little Staughton in Bedford on 22 Seotember 2007.

The club often struggles to get a judge for their shows as not a lot of judges take them seriously, they have had judges just line up the dogs and then point out an order without ever touching or moving the dogs. They may be crossbreeds but the Club would like them to be judged on health, coat, condition and movement.

It is quite difficult to judge as there are no breed standards to go by but it is also quite rewarding, there are a lot of nice crosses out there.

All money raised goes to a 'doggy charity' although I do not know which one it is this year.

If anyone is willing to be kind enough to judge for the Club, please could you let me know and I will give you the contact details for the Chairman.

Thank you
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Chellie View Post
I've been asked by the Chairman of the Crossbreed and Mongrel Club to see if there are any members on Dogsey that are willing to judge at the Grand Final (SCAMPS) in September. This will involve judging conformation heats as well as the fun classes.

The show is to take place in Little Staughton in Bedford on 22 Seotember 2007.

The club often struggles to get a judge for their shows as not a lot of judges take them seriously, they have had judges just line up the dogs and then point out an order without ever touching or moving the dogs. They may be crossbreeds but the Club would like them to be judged on health, coat, condition and movement.

It is quite difficult to judge as there are no breed standards to go by but it is also quite rewarding, there are a lot of nice crosses out there.

All money raised goes to a 'doggy charity' although I do not know which one it is this year.

If anyone is willing to be kind enough to judge for the Club, please could you let me know and I will give you the contact details for the Chairman.

Thank you
Hi Chellie, you can count me in, any chance to get my hands on some more doggies can't be bad. If you pm me the details I'll get in touch with the chairman. Sheree x
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi, i cant do it this year but if you can pm the details and i will help out next year if they need me, I have only done a little breed judging but if it helps them and me out then why not.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Have PM'd you