Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2023, 06:35 AM

Sunny Sunday 9th April 2023

Happy Easter to you all. Hope you all have a good day and not to many aching backs from gardening etc. Off to sea what is down on the sand this morning now that the sun has finally got out of bed.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2023, 09:06 AM
Good morning Brenda hope you have ha an enjoyable walk.

Sun is now out after a misty start. Machine load of washing on the line and Teazle walked. Have also swept the front drive of excess sand so it now looks 95 per cent better.

Made a start on levelling the ground ready for turf yesterday and then went over to Ben's for the evening. I got there at 7pm just as he was going to pick Flavia up from Tesco. They arrived back at 8.30 so I was not best pleased. They then announced they would be here for lunch today only to get a message later on that they are off to the adventure playground near them first and then they will be over. So what time is anyone's guess.

Hope everyone has a good day. Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2023, 09:09 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Happy Easter to you all. Sun is shining.
Not sure what is going on with us today, someone messing us around on ebay regarding the Volvo he has made an offer he lives in Wales and has made no contact re: collection.
Tomorrow his time is up if he doesn't get back today so Gorden will hit the cancel button and re-list unless the two people who have registered an interest locally today turn up and buy.
Also a friend has informed me of a litter ready end of the month so now messaging the guy who we met at Crufts and registered an interest in his litter which were due 27th March how we stand regarding numbers and if any males.
It might end up with a phone call. His litter is our preference.
So we don't know if we're coming or going kind of day. (Another one).

brenda hope you find some interesting stuff.

Have a good day everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2023, 03:51 PM
Lynn, our day was the same as yours
Went to Brum to look at a care pre-arranged...no car man there, come back to Coventry, phone goes, can we go back and I said this afternoon? Well someone else is coming to look, so we went back, bought the car, got home, car made a funny noise and smoked....car is dead, getting picked up tomorrow, full refund...I am exhausted!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2023, 03:57 PM
Bl*mey griff what a nightmare.
Glad its being picked up and a full refund given.

3 people enquired locally one asked has it a tow bar answer yes can I have your number not heard a thing.
Left a message for Gorden thanks.

I am not sure about the human race anymore.
No reply to text or voicemail regarding the litter either.

I'm thinking of going to bed I am like you feeling drained physically and mentally with inept human beings.

I sincerely hope everyone else is having a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Lovely morning but chilly

Bruce Jones (Les Battersby) did turn up. Most didn't know him from Adam. The place was emptier than I've ever seen it. I think a small cafe announcing a 'celeb' visit does them no favours as folk expect it to be busy so go elsewhere.

Had a lovely afternoon watching the Sound of Music.

Washing done, last load to go into dryer soon.

It's supposed to be sunny this afternoon, but instead it's misty, murky.

Lynn, the guy may have gone out for the day with it being Easter Sunday. Don't give up hope

Heck, Kelly, what a rotten thing to happen

Sue I can't tell you how many times my kids have done something similar to me. A pain in the bum when they do it

Hope the walk went well Brenda. Now't like being beside the sea to make life feel like living
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2023, 05:30 PM
Not surprised the place was empty Chris. Good for you for it to be empty.

I had the same thought to be honest. Will hopefully hear Tuesday if not I will give another ring.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2023, 05:37 PM
Evening all a lovely day at the allotment this morning and just sofa surfing this after noon.

Had almost forgotten about Les Batteresby......
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2023, 10:01 PM
It was really funny. One of the older ladies who works there put on a posh voice and was tripping over herself to be nice (grovel) to him.

The two younger waitresses kept coming by our table and shrugging (to say nothing of rolling their eyes