View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2012, 11:12 PM
The zombies in 28 days later were more upmarket kind of undead, these are more red neck type, no manners and eat with thier elbows on the table lol .
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
The zombies in 28 days later were more upmarket kind of undead, these are more red neck type, no manners and eat with thier elbows on the table lol .
the 'zombies' on 28 days later werent zombies!

i watch it online monday mornings as well
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Please remind me what they are then if not zombies, my memory isn't what it was. i'm getting old lol.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2012, 10:19 AM
He's right, 28 Days later was the Rage virus unleashed from a lab, if you remember in the first one the taxi driver just got a drop of blood splashed in his eye and he turned, you need to be dead then come back to life to be a true zombie, those were just zombie wannabe's

If anyone wants to read a very excellent zombie book have a look for Raising Stony Mayhall brilliant book about a Zombie raised from a baby ! http://www.darylgregory.com/stony/
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
the 'zombies' on 28 days later werent zombies!

i watch it online monday mornings as well
They were kind of zombies in the sense that they bit people! But you're right of course, they weren't zombies in the traditional sense. Did you watch 'Dead Set' when it was on Channel 4 a few years ago? They had running zombies in that - it was very funny and really good considering they had a tiny budget!

Originally Posted by celli View Post
He's right, 28 Days later was the Rage virus unleashed from a lab, if you remember in the first one the taxi driver just got a drop of blood splashed in his eye and he turned, you need to be dead then come back to life to be a true zombie, those were just zombie wannabe's

If anyone wants to read a very excellent zombie book have a look for Raising Stony Mayhall brilliant book about a Zombie raised from a baby ! http://www.darylgregory.com/stony/
Those darn zombie wannabes I might read that actually, it looks really good! And such an interesting/weird topic to broach

I'm not sure what's scarier - running 'zombies' or swarms of Walkers. What does everyone think? What would you rather be pitted against?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Snap! I'm sure they could outrun the walkers most of the time.
that crossesmy mind to

they get round this by saying when their is lots of them at once and they get a hinger on they are harder to outmanouevre.
so we have to kind of go with the flow on that one for the purposes of the whole zombie idea working....after all, if you think about, is isnt really likely that enough people would be turned into zombies in the first place to overrun the land before the military got a grip on the situation.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
They were kind of zombies in the sense that they bit people! But you're right of course, they weren't zombies in the traditional sense. Did you watch 'Dead Set' when it was on Channel 4 a few years ago? They had running zombies in that - it was very funny and really good considering they had a tiny budget
werewolves and vampires bite people too.

they werent zombies in any sense
as they werent the 'living dead'

dead set was fantastic

the brilliant remake of dawn of the dead alsohad the zombies as runners as well
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2012, 09:08 PM
werewolves and vampires bite people too.

they werent zombies in any sense
as they werent the 'living dead'

dead set was fantastic

the brilliant remake of dawn of the dead alsohad the zombies as runners as well
I suppose in all other zombie related shows/books/movies people die first before they become zombies. Even if they get attacked they die first, then turn. I'd never really thought of it that thoroughly before..

I never bothered seeing the Dawn of the Dead remake because I thought it wouldn't be a patch on the original. Might make an effort to watch it now though!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2012, 09:13 PM
that crossesmy mind to

they get round this by saying when their is lots of them at once and they get a hinger on they are harder to outmanouevre.
so we have to kind of go with the flow on that one for the purposes of the whole zombie idea working....after all, if you think about, is isnt really likely that enough people would be turned into zombies in the first place to overrun the land before the military got a grip on the situation.
I like to think people would deal with the potential zombie apocalypse before it got out of hand.. With the amount of zombies in pop culture, people are bound to notice and get a handle on things before we get overrun with zombies. Unless it's like Shaun of the Dead where they're completely oblivious to the outbreak

ETA: And yeah, I never quite bought the idea of being overrun. I mean, I guess if you had zombies hidden in various places in a built up area it would work. But the only time you really see it happening is when characters put themselves in stupid situations like in The Walking Dead where they go into town or go into places that are already overrun with zombies.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2012, 10:16 PM
a hinger on
that made me laugh...a lot, dunno why .

Fast Zombies would be worse, for one thing, I'm carp at running, although I might find a bit of extra speed if one of the undead was sprinting after my brains. But i do think I'd be quite adept at blootering the brains out of a zombie with a baseball bat...chainsaw would be good though, bit heavy mind, I'm only 5'3 so I might stick with the bat.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »