Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
well I personally find it disgusting that so many people see no problem with it - I didnt see the act - and am commenting on the general situation..
Nothing OTT when you are talking about being a responsible dog owner, and doing the right thing by other owners..
then u dont even know if it was a joke..which imo(and everyone that was in the room with me) did think it was
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 09:35 AM
I haven't commented before because----as many people will know, Donelda Guy is not one of bestest friends

I didn't see the show but have caught up with the routine on u tube. Its good, lots of folk work two dogs now but there is no way of showcasing it except in demos. There was a show where Donelda wanted to enter her two dogs in pairs but was told there was no way, so she used another 'handler' and worked both dogs more or less on her own.

I agree with SB in both of her first comments---no problem with the dog being in season, people with entire or neutered dogs ought to be able to control them (been there). Also agreed about the hair.

rune
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I was in an Am Dram once as a witch (typecast again) and we had a sketch about hair, ie dyed? Not it has been dead for years.

Her poor hubby is very unwell, it is a pity she lives in Jersey.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
There is a whole lot of waiting around for these type of shows, so she would have to have been on full alert the whole day that no dogs got loose, she also had to make sure when she went to the loo, or to get some food or whatever that whoever was with her was just as alert as she was

So if you attended with a dog that was not in season, you would not be on alert for any loose dogs?

Nor would a helper be as alert?

Did it not occur to you that she may have brought cages etc?

There is a whole lotta waiting in any show you attend, the fact that this was a tv show is no different!
I have heard of dogs mating when the bitch was in a cage

as I said, my oppinion is I dont think this should have been done
imo if you have an in season bitch it is your responsbility to keep her away from areas where strange dogs will be
end of
To say the other people should have control of their dogs is just irrisponsible, yes people SHOULD - but we all know that many dont, so it is YOUR job to keep YOUR in season bitch safe - which means, for the time of theor season away from areas where other dogs will be
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Ben Mcfuzzylugs have u ever lived with intact dogs ? i really think the attitude is extreme,how many dogs where actually at the studio? how close proximity where they? IF she was in season(which i still dont think) who knows at what stage.....i have intact males that take not much notice of in season bitches and the ones that do only take notice when the dog 'is ripe'.

season is not a disease
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 11:02 AM
I`ve had intact bitches living with males. The problem really only comes in the short fertile period - when dogs do indeed find the scent irrestistable.
I did walk my bitches when they were in season as you can`t confine large dogs for 4 weeks (admittedly in fairly dog-free areas) but I`ve only met a couple of dogs who needed collaring. And I suspect these dogs would have pestered any bitch.
Just my experience.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 11:06 AM
..now,if the dog had kennel cough...........
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
then u dont even know if it was a joke..which imo(and everyone that was in the room with me) did think it was
no I dont know if it was a joke, because like I said I didnt see the act
I said I am commenting on the general situation of dogs being taken to such events while in season....
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Saw Britains Got Talent-missed comment from dog owner re dog being in season- we have had lots of discussion on here re her and her dogs-I thought the dogs were brilliant,by the way

Perhaps we could see if anyone has comments on other "acts"-e g the bell ringers

They were so -well I cant think of a suitable word.

They were on This Morning today and apparently SHE does belly dancing too.
When asked -if they got through to the final -whether she would do belly dancing and bell ringing at the same time -she said she only did belly dancing for exercise and for the fun.
Even though they were a strange couple -they obviously had a connection with each other and who are we to judge?
There was something sort of childlike about them ,but I really couldnt make my mind up about what I thought about them -

Liked the man playing the guitar and singing -lovely voice and very unexpected!!
Not sure about the judges-David what his name- got on my nerves a lot of the time
Michael McIntyre Im not sure of -our kids bought us tickets to see him as they knew I liked him ,but I was very disappointed.
Maureen
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Bring Back Simon Cowell I say!
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >