View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Be careful with leaving a dog that you feel may have "issues" and is "emotional" with strangers where security will not be as good as a reputable kennel. Kennels are run by people who are qualified and experienced with dealing with all types of dogs. I did an article you could read on this site
http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/boa...des_13521.html it will give a few tips. You have plenty of time to leave the dog for a "try out" while someone is on hand to see how she gets on.
Dawn.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Hi Min, I have two "Sheebs" and kennel them with no problems whatsoever. Lennon, the youngest, was 10 months when he went in in August and was absolutely fine. Roxy, my nine year old, has been many times before and just takes it in her stride. There are good and bad kennels out there. I was unfortunate to experience the bad many years ago with a Great Dane I had and I swore I would never kennel again. However, a friend of mine swore by these kennels and highly recommended them. I have since recommended them to other dog and cat owners and everyone loves them. Pity you're not closer. Good luck with your hunt. See the kennels first. Any kennel who is reluctant to show you round if you just turn up is NOT suitable.
shibainu-girl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2005, 07:50 PM
There is a cool boarding kennels near me. They have a pool and take a picture of your dogs having a swim in it.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by shibainu-girl
There is a cool boarding kennels near me. They have a pool and take a picture of your dogs having a swim in it.
Hey Shiba-girl could you tell me where that is??...I live in Suffolk...I don't need to kennel my dogs but it would be interesting to know for the future
shibainu-girl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi its near Bury st Edmunds. I think its called rushbrooke. And they have huskys i belive.

It looks relly nice there and they send you an info pack which is soo full of info and pictures x
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks I will go do a quick 'search' and see if I can find them
min_tbs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Just found them http://www.rushbrookekennels.com/

Looks great there...might wanna stay with them myself...LOL

If I have to kennel my dogs for any reason this definitely looks a good place Sounds like the dogs get lots of attention which mine would need due to being very social but also having a bit of a hard time being away from me...At this place they would probably forget all about me though...lol
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Basically you have to find a really good kennels! Word of mouth is great!
My stepmother used to be a manager of a quarantine kennels and has told me some horrible stories of dogs transferred to her from other kennels!
Near me there is a great kennel, that I have no qualms whatsoever of leaving 'my lot' there! They dont even look back at me! They have always been absolutely fine when left there! Apparently most dogs have no real concept of time, they will pine (sp?) at first, but then have no concept whether you have left them 2 days or 2 weeks!
Hope you find a lovely kennel!
Kady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Where abouts do you live? I have a lot of doggy friends who live all over the country & I could ask for a recommendation. I live in Yorkshire & I only ever put my dogs in one kennels because I know they will get attention & they will be walked & be fine However the kennels is only a small one (9 kennels only)

Kady
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >