Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 02:26 PM

Is this constipation?

This morning I was getting Benji ready for his usual walk down to nursery when I noticed he had rather a large solid lump of poo stuck to his bottom (sorry to be so graphic here ) I tried to get it off with baby wipes but it wasn't for coming off and it seemed as if it hadn't emerged from his bottom properly and I had to pull to get it out :smt078 :smt078 and in the end I ended up cutting it out with scissors and then wiping him with the wipes. He had a poo in the kitchen this morning whilst I was at nursery school and it looked okay and was in one solid piece so if it doesn't come out properly is the dog a bit constipated and if so what can I give him to ease the problem
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 02:34 PM
thanks i had a mouth full of monkey nuts then
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
This morning I was getting Benji ready for his usual walk down to nursery when I noticed he had rather a large solid lump of poo stuck to his bottom (sorry to be so graphic here ) I tried to get it off with baby wipes but it wasn't for coming off and it seemed as if it hadn't emerged from his bottom properly and I had to pull to get it out :smt078 :smt078 and in the end I ended up cutting it out with scissors and then wiping him with the wipes. He had a poo in the kitchen this morning whilst I was at nursery school and it looked okay and was in one solid piece so if it doesn't come out properly is the dog a bit constipated and if so what can I give him to ease the problem
thought you were sufering with it
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-07-2005, 02:39 PM
What we do for our dogs........... try a little prune juice in his feed , if you feel he is a bit constipated.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Kerrie
thanks i had a mouth full of monkey nuts then

LOL @ Kerrie Well at least the monkey is happy :smt047 :smt047 :smt047 :smt047

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Sorry Kerrie I couldn't resist that one
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
Yeah i was a bit worried when I read the name of the thread, our puppy we handraised had terrible trouble with constipation he wouldnt go for days and cried cause it was causing him pain think we gave him very small amounts of caster oil but cant remember exactly was a little while ago now, sounds like hes not too bad if hes going normally now maybe a one off.

Ps dont envy you that job!
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 02:43 PM
PMSL hope ian dont read this
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Fred

No I'm okay Fred

Think I am going to being having a word with that sister of yours about you
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
No I'm okay Fred

Think I am going to being having a word with that sister of yours about you
Glad to hear that Foxy got really woried
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hannah
Yeah i was a bit worried when I read the name of the thread, our puppy we handraised had terrible trouble with constipation he wouldnt go for days and cried cause it was causing him pain think we gave him very small amounts of caster oil but cant remember exactly was a little while ago now, sounds like hes not too bad if hes going normally now maybe a one off.

Ps dont envy you that job!

No it wasn't all that pleasant to tell you the truth and I was late picking my daughter up but it was hardly anything I could tell the teacher why I was late
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >