View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Friend has got a boy pup and called him Reuban---Rue for short.

rune
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Never met another Toby until we got ours, now they're everywhere! Officially he is 'Toblerone' so maybe we should start calling him by his full name!

He was very nearly Thorton, which would no doubt have been shortened to Thor. It would have suited him, his nickname is Thunderfeet!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I got told the other week I'd picked a daft name for a dog and should have called him something like Ben or Max or a suitably "doggy" name.

Considering he recalls to other people's whistles... a dog with the same name might have scrambled his braincell!

We quite like Puzzle for a second dog - but that's nicked from someone shouting it at the park and we like the sound of it (plus it would fit the Professor Layton theme).
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by tiggers mum View Post
I meet people with Skye's sometimes, never any with Tiggers but yesterday met someone with a dog called Badger which my husband and I thought was brilliant!! It was a jack russell that was white and brown, didnt look anything like a badger but they must have had their reasons.....probably because it spends most of its time down badger holes??!!
Ah-I like your post as you've reminded me of my late Dad's dog called Badger. He was a Cairn terrier my parents rehomed when he was 8 years old so they kept his name the same at that age. He was lovely.
My Mum's minister's guide dog is called Tigger! He is a big dog but such a softy! His previous guide dog was called Jamie which is ny husband's name.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I have never met any dogs with the same names as ours, but we have always had such strange names, until we got Ozzy this appears to be a very common name and although I have never met another in person, I know there are lots about, several are on here
Ditto .. but we spell it Ozzie ...
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Never met another Moon and unlikely to I think (especially the vietnamese word rather than the lunar body).

Never met another Cain but have seen a few online, mostly GSDs, but spelt different like Kane or Kayne.
We had a Cain (GSD) in agility classes run by Attila (see below)

Originally Posted by rune View Post
Attila (who does HTM) has a Moon and Celt was going to be and there was a successful Moon in working trials.

I love it for a name.

rune
Oh you know Attila? He was brilliant in helping me with Cherry when I had lost hope with her. I remember Fly which was his dog used in the brilliant "Gladiator" routine.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i have never met a daphni. or an asbo for that matter. but i like my wierd names, unusual, like the breeds of dogs i pick funnily enough
I know of a boxer called Asbo dave..lol
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I got told the other week I'd picked a daft name for a dog and should have called him something like Ben or Max or a suitably "doggy" name.

Considering he recalls to other people's whistles... a dog with the same name might have scrambled his braincell!

We quite like Puzzle for a second dog - but that's nicked from someone shouting it at the park and we like the sound of it (plus it would fit the Professor Layton theme).
If we ever get another male Kerry it will probably be called Puzzle! I'm a C.S Lewis fan and Puzzle is one of the characters in the final book in the Narnia stories "The Last Battle". It would be a very appropriate name for a Kerry as people are always asking you "what breed is it?" when they see the dogs.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Loads!!!! there are an awful lot of dogs called Merlin in the world, especially in this area - in fact there are people called Merlin round here, too!

But I don't know many called Rue.
I remember Merlin the Newfie on "Dog Borstal" with Mic Martin trying to train the owner and she kept using the dog's name in the heelwork when he had said not to! It was really funny as he eventually lost it and was shouting "Stop saying ******Merlin!"
cravencraven
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by JunoDouglas View Post
Never ever heard another Juno, but lots of people comment on it!
We had a Beagle called Juno when I was growing up,it was called Dulcie when we got her but I couldn't pronounce that (I was only 5),so they changed her name to Juno.
Not sure where my parents got the name from.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >