View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Had the best agility class so far today He did all of the equipment with gutso, including the seesaw (which he lost confidence with last week when he fell off). But best of all he didn't not react at all to any dog this week Not a single time. He was soooooo focused on me, offering sit/watch me behaviours without me asking. I think he was really into his treats this week (baked heart) which helped. Everyone in the class commented on how much he had come on since he first week. It was nice as I thought everyone in the class though he was an evil menace this was the first time I was able to sit close enough to talk to people!!! Even when he got rushed and circled by an uber bouncy runaway dog, he didn't nothing except look a little excited!

Our dog trainer asked for the whole group to walk the perimeter of the field together. This was purely for Cain's benefit. He walked the whole lap, on the edge of the group but only a few feet apart. He walked perfectly to heel, focused on me and even sniffed the grass and ignored the other dogs! Woop!

I can't believe that we got through a whole class (including his collie archenemy) without any eyeballing and not a single lunge! Delighted I think having his calming collar back on has made a huge difference to him.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Good to hear that you are back to enjoying yourselves again.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Well done Moon's mum. Cain sounds like he is coming along just fine.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 08:27 PM
That's great Cain did well at agility and even better that he was good with all the other dogs & people! Seems like things are going great
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 08:38 PM
great everyone is doing so well love hearing about cain

I have to have a mini Mia brag
Since we have had the agility field myself and a friend have been training Mia when there are only dogs she knows about

Today we were training thinking noone else was comming - then a lady with a lab nd a standard poodle turned up to train

I decided to leave Mia out to see what would happen

She was pulling and crying to get to go and say hello to the poodle
She had a wee bark at the lab - I let them say hello and all was well
except when the girl finnished a run and dragged her right infront of Mia by her collar on 2 legs - Mia did have a bark but calmed down quick

Then
gulp
we decided to run Mia

and

Perfect, no distraction, total focus (too much, my friend dipped a shoulder and she jumped off the dogwalk - she was fine!!)
I am so proud of my girl - 8 dog tied up beside her (not too close) and she was totaly happy and chilled
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 08:44 PM
WELL DONE Mia That's really great (worth more than mini brag if you ask me ) I can't believe she wanted to greet the poodle, that's brill. And well done for being brave enough to run her and let her prove to you that she can do it. What a good girl she is
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Well done everyone!!
I love reading everyone's progress
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 06:39 AM
It really is just a mini brag... But we went on a walk with my Mum yesterday. Mum is afraid of other dogs after being attacked a few years ago and this normally winds Kismet up, but the park was quiet, so we took Kismet's muzzle off to let her sniff about in the long grass and mole hunt. Suddenly around the corner came two big boistrous Chocolate labs and ran straight up to us. Mum was petrified, but I tried to stay calm. Their owners were right behind them and although they had limited control, they were not panicing. I let Kismet greet them.. She was AWESOME! Relaxed, tail waggy and un afraid, she calmly told them off and calmed them down then had a very friendly greeting and little play! The Choccy labs owner said he used to breed and show Siberians. He complimented Kismet, said she was very lovely and a good example of the breed (though he thought she was 6-12 months and going through a bit of a chunky phase)... Then I let him off the hook and told him she was 3 and I knew she was a rubbish example of a Siberian, what with being too chunky and short... She's actually a Huskamutt . He said she was very beautiful anyway... I complimented his Labs... All this time Kismet was calm and happy with the two off lead labs bimbling around us and Mum couldn't believe it!

I could not have been more proud of my girl... Well done Kismet!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Sees that's lovely well done Kismet And well done do not panicking!!!
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Well done to MIA and KISMET!
Page 53 of 101 « First < 3 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 > Last »