Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2020, 10:13 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 24 December, 2020 - Christmas Eve

Good morning all. Had a good lie in this morning, I needed it as I lay awake until 4.30 am. Should have got up then!
Hope you are all ok and ready for the off. Amber's getting worse think she has a bad tooth as well poor love. I don't think she is going to make New Year and yet I didn't think she would make Christmas and she has, so will have to see.

Harvey, I hope you are very much better and Griff you are not too bad without your chemo. I must make some turkey stuffing today , nothing like home made stuffing.

Have a good day all, take care and above all stay safe and well. God Bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-12-2020, 10:38 AM
Just had some new wheels (carpet friendly) come for my office chair, the old ones got clogged up. Just had a little problem to overcome and that was the size of the wheel pin which fits into the chair leg, that was too big, damn. Still with a little bit of brain power ( Sue says I lack) the part the pin goes into is a plug in plastic unit. So not too hard to take out, then just a case of opening (drilling) the hole to the right size and putting it all back together. The old wheels were small and double on each leg and kept getting stuck

so now I can skoot around the room as if in an E type Jag. This chair is the second mod done on it, the back was from a different chair as the original was crap
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2020, 12:33 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope Amber will be ok

Best wishes to you Harvey and your wife and hope you are improving by the day

Take it easy now Kelly and enjoy your Christmas

Brenda hope you have a good Christmas and also you Chris and your family.

Lovely day here bright sun. Have done some washing which has dried enough to iron and is now in the airing cupboard. Also prepared the turkey so only have to put it in the oven tomorrow morning

Hope all are well
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Thanks Sue you to. Chris I've been listening to Harry Potter music on cd. Lovely.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2020, 01:24 PM
Stuffing made, Don't know whether to prepare the turkey ready for the oven or not. I don't suppose we shall dinner very early. Usually about fourish.

Have a good day today, stay safe and well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2020, 01:33 PM
Good afternoon all

Been to work and home again popped into Sainsburys almost empty of people. Picked up my neighbours pre-order as she could not carry it back and her hubby cannot drive at the moment due to a fall causing broken ribs.

Washing on the line and due to the actually very nice weather its drying nicely.

Been out with Gert and great great walk had by both of us.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Happy Christmas Eve all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2020, 01:43 PM
Good afternoon all.

Strange weather here today. This morning we've had wind, rain, hail and sleet and now the sun is shining. Think we are trying to fit a full year's weather into a day .

Turkey is in the oven here. At 9.8 kgs there is no way on Earth I could cook it Christmas Day.

OH insists on a big turkey. What isn't used for Christmas dinner will be sliced and frozen and the leg meat will be put in red wine cook in sauce for Boxing Day and the rest frozen. Dave lives on it for a couple of months. Me, I have it Christmas Day and Boxing day.

I keep telling him to buy a smaller one, but it falls on deaf ears.

Scrooge (the original with Alistair Simms) already watched and more mushy stuff lined up .

I wouldn't dare do the Harry Potter CD Brenda. I drive Dave nuts making him watch all the films on the run up to Christmas

Moyra, I do hope that Amber rallies bless her. Give her plenty of cuddles from me.

As some of you probably won't be popping in tomorrow, I'll say Happy Christmas now and hope that you all enjoy your day xxx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2020, 03:17 PM
Had some beautiful flowers delivered from Brenda this morning....thank you lovely lady
Just about to walk up to the old boys House and see if he wants a dinner or not
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2020, 05:35 PM
Bill doesn't need a dinner...his family are going to fetch him...phew!! He gave me a polish cake as a gift god love him, dad will enjoy that I am sure
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >