View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Not to beat myself up over things that are out of my control and be more relaxed in my attitude to everyday things
Sue
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2009, 10:35 PM
I have decided to be nicer to people, as thats what I have the best chance of doing(small though) Others like eating healthier and cycling more only last a few days at most.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Well... I toyed with all the stuff I should do...Get healthy, lose weight, drink less etc etc but realised I say that every year

So I am going to go swimming or horse riding at least once a month (I don't think that is too big a target) hopefully more but at least once a month.

I am going to get my car taxed so I can drive it again

ANd I am going to try and not get narked about the petty stupid things in life...like if the dishes aren't done so what? They can be done tomorrow if the floor hasn't been hoovered so what..as someones sig on here says life is too short to worry about muddy paw prints - though funnily enough muddy paw prints don't worry me LOL
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 06:39 AM
mine are linked in to my health issues. They revolve around fudge and include taking her to new places, meeting some new dog walking friends and generally trying to improve my anxiety issues following the advice of my CBT counsellor.

I have learned that my anxiety is a cycle and if I can break it at any of the stages the other behavioural parts improve. Therefore if I don't hide away and isolate myself I am less likely to over eat. This in turn has a positive effect on my self esteem and so am more likely to want to go out. Does this make sense to anyone?

Wish me luck!
Shih_Tzu_Lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2009, 10:57 AM
So. My new years resolution is to spend as much time with my grandma this year. She is getting old now and i dont want to lose the time i have left with her. xx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 12:04 PM
I made another resolution: I'm not going to buy any biscuits/cakes etc. I'm only allowed them if I've baked them myself
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Sid had a great idea for New years Eve - we each wrote down 5 things we thought would improve our lives in the New Year and we were to stick to them.

We each read them out at midnight, it was really fun!

Some included...

1) Going somewhere completely different on holiday abroad that we've never been before.

2) Buying a tent and get camping - we keep meaning to do it and think it will be a right laugh (esp with Marius!!!)

3) Once a week go on a hike to the Lakes - we take it for granted living here and really don't take advantage - also ties in with no 2!!

4) Learn a new language or start a new hobby

There were others but you get the idea!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3