Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 12:21 PM

Nasty man on walk....

I took Inca out for her walk round the fields and along the bridlepath.
It was lovely and quiet, and as we have been practising her recall she was off lead, but never more than 20ft from me, coming back everytime I called her.
She had a poop, which I picked up (I always do, countryside or not).
I then saw this man walking along with no dog, carrying shopping. He was about 70.
Inca ran towards him, but was a bit wary and laid down.
'Hello! It's ok', I said 'She's very friendly' as she had just run past him.
'Then why isn't it on a bloody lead!' he grunted.

Now it was one of those situations where I was so shocked by the time I thought to give im a piece of my mind for being so rude he'd gone.

If I can't have her off lead on a bridleway where can I? The rules say keep dogs on close control, which she was. And I was swinging my poop bag as I went, so obviously a responsible owner.

Is it me or are we coming across more ignorant people towards our dogs nowadays?

Poo Inky Binks was being so good bless her....... and then I went and trod in someone else's unpicked up dog poop
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Some people just don't like dogs, even some dog owners don't seem to like other peoples dogs!
Just give her a hug and love her lol!
Becky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Theres always one isn't there who seem to be intent on spoiling someones day.
Hope you are feeling better now.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 12:27 PM
oooooooo i cant stand people like this, you do your best to be a responsible dog owner but with some people your best isn't enough i dont know what they expect sometimes.
Inca being so good as well!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I think Inca laid down as she was wary of him, so probably picked up on the fact that he had an attitude before I did.
I was just glad he didn't start hitting her with a stick like one once did, coz she is very protective of me or Tonto and anyone coming near me with a stick would know about it.
Other than that she is a right softie with strangers.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Dunno why you are bothering, to be honest. just sounds like yer average stereotypical grumpy old man to me...he probably would've complained if it was kids or cyclists or joggers dashing near him. or whatever.

he's not representative...just shrug him off.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 01:02 PM
We had trouble in that field before babe, I shouldn't worry!!!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 01:31 PM
This happened to me when Fudge was very young. She loved to go and say hello to everyone she met and it was not an option to keep changing direction on canal footpath!! I was taken by surprise when going round the corner, this man appeared from nowhere, possibly from garden access. He took offence to Fudge and walloped her with his umbrella!!! I was speechless. We sometimes see him now and again , Fudge ignores him and saves her special cuddles for those who request them.

Its like anything, there will always be the grumpy gang sticking their oars in. i try and ignore them.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

06-10-2007, 01:40 PM
A cantakerous auld git!! He probably is hen-pecked! People like him are best ignored! I wouldn't lose any sleep over the likes of him, or his ilk, not worth the angst.

Hope you feel lots more settled now.

Take care.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Grumpy old b-----d Take no notice they're not all like him. Hugs to you and Inca!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >