Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 08:56 PM

keep things up to date

I was going to post about this this morning and what I had to say sort of faded into insignificance after the news about SB and i didn't feel like it.
After spending most of the day pondering the fragility of life, I decided this was tied into all that meaning of life and you never know the minute stuff so I'm posting (and hopefully my ramblings will become clear).

PLEASE keep your information on your dogs collar clear and up to date...PLEASE, also the info logged for it's microchip or pet tag or whatever other id you have. It's all very well having a tag on your dog and it's info registered here there and everywhere, but if it's hard to read thanks to a layer of dirt or you've changed your number and forgotten to contact pet log or whoever...not a lot can be done for it.
Don't think you'll do it tomorrow as your dog could get freaked by a firework tonight and make a run for it....

Sorry if i'm not making much sense but hopefully you get where I'm coming from. Ax
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 09:00 PM
aww what an excelent thread to put up ailsa1 i always check the boys info and everyday before and after a walk i always check to make sure that they still have all there id tags on there collars,i also have a board with all contact numbers just incase they go missing when im away so that the family know exactly what to do
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 09:01 PM
aint that strange i only just did all ours yesterday
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 09:01 PM
well done blue merle, you are much better organised than me. The thread is a reminder to me too.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by lizdll View Post
aint that strange i only just did all ours yesterday
that is spooky!!!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 09:03 PM
aww thank you ailsa1 but like you said it only takes a firework to frighen your dog and then they bolt and if the information is not up to date you are stumped it only takes minutes to check everyday and them minutes are so valuble
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1 View Post
that is spooky!!!!
yea it is but for some reason it just popped into my head to do it but i think its a great idea to remind people
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Ailsa thanks for the reminder, that's a good point as firework season is so very close, too...

x
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 09:14 PM
A good idea - we checked Hollie's at the weekend.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 09:20 PM
prompted by me losing Saturn's collar somewhere in the house and being sent a new one and new official tag for him, but needing a new on with our details on...
How oh how do you lose a collar in the house???????????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >