Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by AlbionLass
Not necassarily, the dog may be on a lead because of recall problems rather than being agressive, the dog may have a health condition that means free running is not advisable or the owner may keep the dog on a lead to keep it away from other dogs who may not be so friendly.There are umpteen other reasons an owner chooses to keep their dog on lead.

I never assume any dog is 100% friendly but I also don't assume a dog is agressive just because it's on lead in a park.
I would be wary of letting a dog as small as a Chihuahua run free with other dogs no matter how safe, unless of course they are a similar size. Accidents can happen all too easily and larger dogs can so easily hurt a tiny dog without meaning to.
You are Right there are numerous reasons for dogs on leads... I do tend to assume dogs on leads in the park are aggressive.. I don't know why that is..particularly as I sometimes keep Poppy on a lead !?

and again I agree you do have to be cautious regarding other dogs and accidents.. but as Poppy has a tendency to be scared of other dogs I want to socailse her, her main off lead walk is done in an enclosed area usually with no other dogs in there.. in the main park she does have a few playmates that are small and older so they aren't too hectic
Rachel
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2