Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2015, 08:27 PM

Tried out Babe.

Had her here for a week. She went for Ben when he walked near her bowl. didnt feel comfy leaving them together. and she seemed depressed. she didnt like me.she was a man,s dog. was all over charlie like a rash.but what was sad was we live near where she lived with her dad. and she kept trying to *go home* so we took her back to her *uncle* our first priority was ben.
also our place is way too small for a pair of dogs. all legs n fur.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2015, 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
Had her here for a week. She went for Ben when he walked near her bowl. didnt feel comfy leaving them together. and she seemed depressed. she didnt like me.she was a man,s dog. was all over charlie like a rash.but what was sad was we live near where she lived with her dad. and she kept trying to *go home* so we took her back to her *uncle* our first priority was ben.
also our place is way too small for a pair of dogs. all legs n fur.
Hard row to plough.. When the collie arrived as she did unexpectedly there were ructions with wee dog for some while but then wee dog decided SHE was in charge and they settled and i had and have abundant space. Different with every dog and every situation so be at peace with the decision.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2015, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry it didnt work out for you.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2015, 05:59 PM
shes a lovely girl. but a mans dog. just ignored me. other than feeding time of course lol
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2015, 10:38 PM
So sorry Bens mum. I have never had one that didn't work out - eventually, but please don't beat yourself up, you have done your best. Just not meant to be this time.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2015, 11:01 PM
I'm so sorry, but there is a dog out there waiting for you...really. We gave back three pups before the right one came along. Then we just lucked out with Callie. Given his power and Sophie's histrionics it could have been ghastly if he was any other dog.
But from day one he was calm and confident with her. If she gets bossy he just drops his head and gets out of her way. But it took 8 years for him to come into our lives. Give yourself time.<<<Hugs>>>