Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2015, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
And as for the place for this thread...

This is a forum about dogs, but if it was only about dogs, we would all just be ethologists, under the constraints and restrictions that that would bring us. This is a forum about dogs AND people, the people who have and love the dogs they love and have. So I hope this thread stays in its place.
Well said
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Hi SarahJade

Thank you for such a lovely post.

Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
Sorry I haven't managed to come back on for a while, I've been too emotional myself but I have been thinking about you.
You have nothing to apologies for and I am sorry that you too are feeling under the weather, I hope you feel a bit better soon.

Oh and I find a good ramble is a good way to get thing off your chest (not that you were rambling).

Everything you said is true of course and who knows maybe in time I may feel that way but not now`its all too raw and overwhelming.

Please do not worry about replying, just concentrate on yourself
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Just popping in to say hope you are feeling a bit brighter today Kenny. Take care and try to think positively. You know Harvey would want you too. God bless.
Thanks Moyra and I hope things are okay with you too?
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2015, 03:49 PM
This time last week my boy was back from his overnight stay at the dog hospital and was perked up no end. He had woofed his tea down and was sitting on his bench next to me in the sun
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2015, 04:09 PM
And what a week Kenny. I was thinking of you this afternoon and that it's almost been a week. I am so pleased you're managing to remain in contact, I admire you for that. It can't be easy to remain on a site where the main focus is dogs and you have just lost your beloved dog. You are naturally going to think this time last week..... Many of your friends here on Dogsey will remember too and please remember we are still thinking of you. Don't forget 'one day at a time'

Thinking of you - Sue x
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Sue, is right Kenny, days go by but still the loss remains. I hope you are managing to connect to his spiritual being. I have been poorly the last few days but I have still been thinking of you and those that have also lost their best friends lately. I cuddled up with Amber on the bed this afternoon and felt your lose. Because of gout I am having trouble walking Amber, I had to cut my shoes this afternoon to be able to walk her for her third walk of the day. I have a motobilily scooter but Amber doesn't like it, I also have a walker and she prefers that because I keep her poo bags and balls and toys inside the holder under the seat and she loves to chase the balls which is what I can still do and have a sit down at the same time. Life is never easy but I do hope Kenny that you are coming to terms with Harvey's spiritual being. He was such a soldier.

God bless, thinking of you. xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-04-2015, 06:40 PM
I've been there as well Kenny, the first week is THE hardest as you are thinking 'this time last week...' which is exactly what you are thinking, then it goes into 2 weeks, then its a month and before you know it they have been gone a year. Doesn't mean you don't still miss them, but the pain isn't as intense anymore.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Popster View Post
And what a week Kenny. I was thinking of you this afternoon and that it's almost been a week. I am so pleased you're managing to remain in contact, I admire you for that. It can't be easy to remain on a site where the main focus is dogs and you have just lost your beloved dog. You are naturally going to think this time last week..... Many of your friends here on Dogsey will remember too and please remember we are still thinking of you. Don't forget 'one day at a time'

Thinking of you - Sue x
Thank you Sue for a lovely post.

I wouldn't just abandon you guys, after all you have done for me and Harvey. You guys took him into your hearts.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Sue, is right Kenny, days go by but still the loss remains. I hope you are managing to connect to his spiritual being. I have been poorly the last few days but I have still been thinking of you and those that have also lost their best friends lately. I cuddled up with Amber on the bed this afternoon and felt your lose. Because of gout I am having trouble walking Amber, I had to cut my shoes this afternoon to be able to walk her for her third walk of the day. I have a motobilily scooter but Amber doesn't like it, I also have a walker and she prefers that because I keep her poo bags and balls and toys inside the holder under the seat and she loves to chase the balls which is what I can still do and have a sit down at the same time. Life is never easy but I do hope Kenny that you are coming to terms with Harvey's spiritual being. He was such a soldier.

God bless, thinking of you. xxx
Oh Moyra

I am so sorry to hear of your health problems but how lovely that Amber was there to cuddle. I bet that Amber wanted to comfort you...

Please do not worry about posting on here, rather please concentrate on yourself and feeling better.

Your health is far more important
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I've been there as well Kenny, the first week is THE hardest as you are thinking 'this time last week...' which is exactly what you are thinking, then it goes into 2 weeks, then its a month and before you know it they have been gone a year. Doesn't mean you don't still miss them, but the pain isn't as intense anymore.
Thanks tawney

This week has not gone slowly, it seems to have flown by which is not right. It's just that every day has melded into one big nightmare and I don't know where the time has gone.

One moment Harvey was here and now he's not.
Page 56 of 62 « First < 6 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 > Last »