Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I have never used a throw before but had been thinking of one for my previous couch before I decided it was really too bulky for such a small room. The new couch is just as long, the back also goes down to make a large single/small double bed, but it is not so bulky and overwhelming.

It does say "Quality microfiber fabric upholstery, removable for washing and cleaning" but that is a Google translation which is not always accurate/factual and there is no way I can see how it can be removed - I guess I will soon find out when it finally arrives! But after the lighting realisation that Pereg did sometimes wipe her face on it I thought I had better get a throw, and it has to be a double size one because of the length of the couch.

There is another Amazon marketplace trader offering the same throw as I have now ordered at a fairly lower price, but they want over 30 pounds for delivery so it works out much cheaper to have bought it at a higher price, especially with the delivery being the same for two as it is for one. I am limited by the fact that many companies will not send here, so was delighted to find one that does with a very low delivery charge!

Mind you, knowing Pereg she might think it is something to pull down and play with...
Hi Malka maybe the sofa has a loose cover with a zip up the back. Mine does but it is such a pain to get on and off to wash I find it is easier to use a throw instead.

It must be difficult for you when some companies won't deliver or the delivery costs are prohibitive . Hopeful when the new sofa and throw arrive you won't need to buy any again for a very long time and Pereg will be in heaven with your new purchases.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 06:11 PM
My girls are very tidy eaters..... if they get fruit Daisy likes to throw it around a bit and roll in it, but she normally misses it when attempting the roll

The water bowl, YES is a real mess maker esp with Tilly and her ears... water everywhere!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 06:22 PM
It's really funny, the picture of all these dogs rolling on their food. Nice to read that there are some tidy eaters too though.
misskatie20
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Kaya isn't she eats everything in her bowl without dropping a crumb!
But what is it with these dogs and fruit??? She got given a strawberry yesterday tossed it, ran at it, rolled in it. There was squished red stuff all over the cream carpet!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Kaya too Katie? I think I shall start a new thread about this.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by misskatie20 View Post
Kaya isn't she eats everything in her bowl without dropping a crumb!
But what is it with these dogs and fruit??? She got given a strawberry yesterday tossed it, ran at it, rolled in it. There was squished red stuff all over the cream carpet!
Katie perhaps fruit tastes better when squashed flat and covered with hair but I am not going to try it and tell you

Chloe steals gooseberries off the bush and strawberries in my garden and tosses/rolls on them before eating them in a big display of gnashing presumably because they are sour
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Meg likes the raspberries,straight from the bush but prefers the ones which she has trod in and squashed and are covered in grass!

Tyler never steals the fruit off the bushes,never has,don't think he realises there is free food outside
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 08:47 PM
That's funny about berries. Loki likes to help himself to blackberries on the bushes.
kimberleythomas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2012, 09:06 PM
No she eats quickly without a mess after eating she its her paw in her bowl to stop it moving while she gives it a final lick clean
Seacrow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Katie perhaps fruit tastes better when squashed flat and covered with hair but I am not going to try it and tell you

Chloe steals gooseberries off the bush and strawberries in my garden and tosses/rolls on them before eating them in a big display of gnashing presumably because they are sour
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
That's funny about berries. Loki likes to help himself to blackberries on the bushes.
Oh good, I'm not the only one with a dog who regards the garden as a food smorgasbord. We only get the green gooseberries, 'cos the red ones are sweeter and the dogs get there first

Originally Posted by kimberleythomas View Post
No she eats quickly without a mess after eating she its her paw in her bowl to stop it moving while she gives it a final lick clean
Willow does the paw in the bowl, mostly because if she doesn't Sky will walk over, pick the bowl up and walk off with it Springer vs. Papillon - littlest wins every time.

Willow's real annoying bit is her ears. We tell her she must just be storing some food for later. Why is it that after giving the ears a good soak in the water bowl is when she chooses to come and stand on us? At times we can get well wet just from the water draining from the ear-fluffage.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >