View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 07:54 PM

Have you ever stumbled on one of these on a walk?

A dogs grave, well two dogs to be precise. I was walking along with someone else and we decided to explore, when we come upto a grave in one of the woods, of what we can only assume was a dogs, it had bricks/blocks outlining it, and a old dog ornament, and a high planter, which doesn't have anything in it really now, on the top of the planter, written with what I can only assume is a stick when the cement was wet is (from what I can remember) 'here lies mother and son R.I.P loved by me' and on the front there is a brass plaque containing the dogs names, Pheobie, and C/K2, I think next week Im gonna have to go visit it again, the funny thing is its in a area that Honey and Diesel like running too, mainly after birds, but its nice to think that sometimes its not small furries, Insomnia and Stumpy its the woods where Honey, Diesel and Tashie ran too. Gotta say its one of the most unusual things I've found on a walk, but its oddly heartwarming, to me it shows the love them two had, that even after life someone put that much thought and work in for them.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 07:55 PM
I have never come across anything like that, but what a lovely thing to do
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 08:38 PM
No haven't seen this. We do have a memorial plaque just around the corner as you cross the road to the heath in memory of two 2nd World War pilots who crashed there. They were very young.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 08:42 PM
There's a couple of graves in the Park here on the estate! Can't remember the dates, but they are quite old! Couldn't believe it when I was shown them!
Mackie
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-09-2011, 09:07 PM
No. I was once walking along a beach, and came across a discarded ashes tub, a long burgundy coloured one. I can only assume someone scattered the ashes in the sea, and threw the tub for good measure.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I've come across plaques with 'Debbie's walk' and dates in Padworth Forest.

Also lots of plaques on the cliffs at Perranporth in memory of various dogs.
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2011, 09:46 PM
I often walk the dogs at Clyne Gardens. Although a public park now, it used to be the garden of Clyne Castle and there's a dogs graveyard under an oak tree at the top of the park. It's where all the dogs that lived on the estate have been buried. The gravestones are very weathered now, the oldest one I could find was 1928.

Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by parsonsmum View Post
I often walk the dogs at Clyne Gardens. Although a public park now, it used to be the garden of Clyne Castle and there's a dogs graveyard under an oak tree at the top of the park. It's where all the dogs that lived on the estate have been buried. The gravestones are very weathered now, the oldest one I could find was 1928.

That's exactly what its like in the park here, just not so many! And it's still owned by the castle!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 10:07 PM
I grew up in Pinner (Middlesex) and in the Memorial Park there are about 6 dog graves in a circle. Very very old and the headstones are pretty weather-beaten, but my Mum and I when we walked our dog there would always come back via the dog graveyard. There was something very peaceful about it and as someone said earlier they were obviously much loved dogs.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Anyone read/watched Stephen Kings pet cemetary?? ooooh
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >