View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I paid this as I wanted my dog to have SOLE attention. Most of the hour involved feeding her, toilering her, playing with her rather than actual walking it was just a stroll around the local field on the lead.

But for ME it was worth it.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't worth it for you but I do wonder what this dog walker does to warrent £18 a day to take it for walks, from what I saw it didn' look like she was paying a lot of attention through treats or training, although we did only see clipsbof the walk, but she seemed like she was more supervising the dogs play, and then allowed the dog to be taken off by strangers, to me whatever what rocked up on the walk for that cost I'd want to know whatever distractions she kept her eye on my dog wouldn't of liked to have had to call up the owner and said what happened.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I'm not saying it wasn't worth it for you but I do wonder what this dog walker does to warrent £18 a day to take it for walks, from what I saw it didn' look like she was paying a lot of attention through treats or training, although we did only see clipsbof the walk, but she seemed like she was more supervising the dogs play, and then allowed the dog to be taken off by strangers, to me whatever what rocked up on the walk for that cost I'd want to know whatever distractions she kept her eye on my dog wouldn't of liked to have had to call up the owner and said what happened.
She also didnt seem to put up much of a fight when someone did approach and put a lead on the dog...
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 12:15 PM
No she just seemed to stay sat on the bench saying you can't take my dog, I would be chasing after it, or shouting more about it aswell to get others attention to help if for some reason I couldn't do it myself.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 12:24 PM
About a year ago I was walking in my usual spot when I guy called of my labs over too him, he went half way then came back so I put all on leads and approached the man to see why he wanted brody. Turned out he was looking for his 2 labradoodles (thats a whole different story ) and he thought boo was one of them. But for those 2 seconds when boo turned and ran towards him I dont think i have ever run that fast in my life - or shouted that hard, honestly felt sick!!

I do hope that she did put up more of a fight than they showed on the programme
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 12:30 PM
I really hope that she put up more of a fight, unfornatly we can only see what we were shown, but she seemed to just accept it Which to me if there wasn't a off screen fight for the dog is rather worrying.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7