Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:32 PM
it made for a good laugh....

such a shame that they didnt do a programme on the hard working employees and volunteers on places like dog lost or simply actually just have a video 30 minutes of all the lost dog posters instead of that ridiculous waste of space....
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
it made for a good laugh....

such a shame that they didnt do a programme on the hard working employees and volunteers on places like dog lost or simply actually just have a video 30 minutes of all the lost dog posters instead of that ridiculous waste of space....

Actually they DID do a programme on the woman behind dog lost several years ago..........
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:37 PM
I wonder if anyone has approached the milk or juice carton people to see if they can put lost pets on there?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Actually they DID do a programme on the woman behind dog lost several years ago..........
yep i remember that. much better program.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Well apart from the dog napping, I thought it was a good programme,

Lets face it they did get the dog and cat back for their owners,, so I guess they must have been happy, regarding the cost..I am sure we have all said at one time or another, we would pay what ever it cost to find out pets, if it was us
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 11:29 AM
What I was wondering though, is £18 a day for a walk around the park typical of dog walkers? As I know I was at school but when I walked a few people's dogs I did it either for free, or £5 for a hour walk around the farmers fields (Insomia and Stumpy, up to the woods we went to, and around the first field I said that the motorX track was if you remember), and was thinking that if someone needed a dog walker say five times a week, they must have a well paid job to give someone £90 a week to take their dog around the local park, and let them off for a few minutes a time, or is it all over heads, like insurance etc so they have to cover themselves? Actually saying that, I wonder if they had insurance whether the owner of the dog claimed on it after her dog was stolen while under the dog walkers care, as surely its there for that sort of thing?
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
What I was wondering though, is £18 a day for a walk around the park typical of dog walkers? As I know I was at school but when I walked a few people's dogs I did it either for free, or £5 for a hour walk around the farmers fields (Insomia and Stumpy, up to the woods we went to, and around the first field I said that the motorX track was if you remember), and was thinking that if someone needed a dog walker say five times a week, they must have a well paid job to give someone £90 a week to take their dog around the local park, and let them off for a few minutes a time, or is it all over heads, like insurance etc so they have to cover themselves? Actually saying that, I wonder if they had insurance whether the owner of the dog claimed on it after her dog was stolen while under the dog walkers care, as surely its there for that sort of thing?
£18!!! thats £10 more expensive than what I charge!! And I do off lead all walk where possible! Im clearly doing it wrong

The most expensive round my way is about £10/£12. Theres no way that she would be having to charge that to cover overheads or whatever. Unless all she was doing was walking 2 dogs a day or something?!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post

I used to pay a dog walker £10 per hour over 10 years ago to take my dog out between 6 months and a year old at lunch time when I was at work, so that was £200 per month.

All dog walkers should have insurance!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
£18!!! thats £10 more expensive than what I charge!! And I do off lead all walk where possible! Im clearly doing it wrong

The most expensive round my way is about £10/£12. Theres no way that she would be having to charge that to cover overheads or whatever. Unless all she was doing was walking 2 dogs a day or something?!
See thats why I thought I heard it wrong, as if that was the average price who could really afford that more then once or twice a week? But it says that on here too, I don't think I'd ever get a job that pays enough to use her services regulary each week though, like I said once or twice, mind you it would be nice to be able to afford to pay someone £90 a week to walk the dog around the local park once a day each working day wouldn't it .

Mrs Fairbairn Millward, who charges £18 a day to walk Bella for Ms Huxster, said she had received a call from a woman calling herself Emma, who said she had spotted her name in a vet’s surgery. They arranged to meet at 2.30pm on Friday.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...TV-ambush.html
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I used to pay a dog walker £10 per hour over 10 years ago to take my dog out between 6 months and a year old at lunch time when I was at work, so that was £200 per month.

All dog walkers should have insurance!
I was at school and it was more pocket money from family friends etc, the first person was actually someone who found our cat when he was missing, and became good friends with her, even helping her move out of a abusive relationship, but I couldn't do it now, I've looked into it, and doubt I could afford the insurance before I get regular customers.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >