View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 10:02 PM
any owner could do just the same as they did - at less of a cost. - with regards to the search, however I do feel with things such as the thefts they could be useful.

- I couldnt believe they said the springer pups would be worth thousands, I also couldnt believe they simply walked up to the lab and took it in such a manner, I also couldnt believe the price they charge for the little work they do. - There was many things that left me wondering...and the idiot women with the puppies, who lets 'strangers' into the home to handle her young puppies...
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
any owner could do just the same as they did - at less of a cost. - with regards to the search, however I do feel with things such as the thefts they could be useful.

- I couldnt believe they said the springer pups would be worth thousands, I also couldnt believe they simply walked up to the lab and took it in such a manner, I also couldnt believe the price they charge for the little work they do. - There was many things that left me wondering...and the idiot women with the puppies, who lets 'strangers' into the home to handle her young puppies...
The same people who brought their dogs from a 'traveller'?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
The same people who brought their dogs from a 'traveller'?
Indeed and then went on to breed them, stinks of unethical breeding
- Made me laugh when she said ' not microchipped, and I would be shocked/upset if they were - didnt trust the seller that much ' - Ohh ok
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It is difficult to creep up on a dog when you are wearing a high viz coat in the middle of a field......................
I thought this part was a little bit farcical. Having said that, don't dogs see in black and white? Or can they distinguish between bright and dull colours?

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i spat my drink out when he fell over that fence
my nana told me i should do a job like this
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
That is exactly what I thought! I laughed out loud at that bit pity they haven't got some camo gear in that huge ambulance...
I giggled myself silly when he went over the fence. He also got his foot caught in the bright orange netting they'd put around the edges of the field too.

What makes it even more amusing is that my Son who is only 6 years old (well OK, he'll be 7 tomorrow) found it hilarious and asked me what they thought they were doing and how were they going to catch the dog like that. Says it all really.

Ah yes the GSD that has been trained to track dogs................ the one that kept scent marking and it was AMAZING how the dog handler immediately identified a dog poo.................
My Son noticed that too. Followed it up wih asking me if this was a comedy progamme!

They mentioned a guy namd "Ray Dedicoat" too. He owns a kennels up near me (Wythall). Most people who've had something to do with rescue anywhere around here have heard of him and the woman who akes the puppy class at the training club I used to go to works with him sometimes. I'll try to find out exactly how much of it was true (can't see how anyone can afford £1000/day!)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2011, 07:42 AM
The owner of the Lab just letting someone walk up to them and take their dog

Who here would simply let someone shove a piece of paper under their nose and walk of with your dog,

I know I wouldn't.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 07:55 AM
It was a dog walker.......
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
Talk about taking advantage of peoples emotional attachment to their animals!
Exactly! When people are desperate they will try anything and that is what these people count on. At one point, when looking for one of the cats there were three girls going up someone's doors to ask if they had seen the cat. Here's an idea, why don't each of them go along a different road and they will cover a wider area. Oh no, wait, that means they might find the cat more quickly and then they won't be able to charge as much....
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Well it was entertaining for a boring monday night...
Made me really laugh out loud when he fell over the fence and with that fluorescent jacket on and then the "pretend" ambulance...... who are they trying to kid... big men paying at detectives!!! ooooo and the dog poo... YUP!! def dog poo!!!!

Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:33 AM
It all just seemed a bit ridiculous. With the dog in the field, when they spotted him, why didn't they get the owners their to call him?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2011, 09:35 AM
It was a dog walker.......
And!! I would not be happy if I thought my dog walker handed over a dog I had put in their care either.

Little difference to me, handing a dog over to someone who simply shoves a piece of paper under your nose
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >