View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Stunning terrier - deffo on my wish list along with an Irish Water Spaniel.

Keep the pics coming
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 10:41 AM
OMG! He's ADORABLE!!!! I am a HUGE fan of the breed! Infact, if I ever get a dog from a breeder, instead of rescuing, it'll be an IT. I've spent a fair amount of time researching breeders... I ADORE the breed!

I've loved them for years, and have actually only met one in the flesh, last year... she was gorgeous, brilliant, and ALL TERRIER! LOL

My Oliver is a mutt from Texas, and it's been said more than a few times, that he looks (and acts!) like he's crossed with an IT... I like to believe it! LOL

I most likely ever find one to rescue (as they're extremely rare in Canada) but I will have one, one day!

Give Paddy a hug and tell him that if he ever wants to run away from home, I'd give him a place to stay! LOL
Padraig
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Sara

Thanks for your kind comments.

Paddy is a fantastic friend such a character we are very happy and fortunate to have him in our family.

Every day he makes us smile, laugh and shake our heads after some thing he is doing or has done he is so nosey.
Whatever it is he is doing he is always delighted with himself. I have to on a regular basis remind him that I am supposed to be the Alpha male in the household as he is free thinking and independent and came with a no quibble headstrong guarantee.

He is very playful with other dogs but will assert himself if things cut up a little rough.

If you would like to see more photos of Paddy you could check out his face book page. 'padraig an madra'

Cheers from England

Paddy's Dad - Kenneth
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Padraig View Post
Hi Sara

Thanks for your kind comments.

Paddy is a fantastic friend such a character we are very happy and fortunate to have him in our family.

Every day he makes us smile, laugh and shake our heads after some thing he is doing or has done he is so nosey.
Whatever it is he is doing he is always delighted with himself. I have to on a regular basis remind him that I am supposed to be the Alpha male in the household as he is free thinking and independent and came with a no quibble headstrong guarantee.

He is very playful with other dogs but will assert himself if things cut up a little rough.

If you would like to see more photos of Paddy you could check out his [System edit: site in banned list] page. 'padraig an madra'

Cheers from England

Paddy's Dad - Kenneth
He sounds absolutely perfect! gotta love living with Terriers eh?

I have 2 Terrier mixes, and grew up with another terrier mix, and my sister has a Westie... I am so sold on terriers, I adore their "freethinking, headstrong, and comic" attitudes. Mine'll do anything for a laugh, and bring a tone of laughter into my life.

My boy, Oliver is a touch heavier than an IT (a little over 35 lbs) he is 18 3/4 inches tall, has a shorter snout and wider head, but his ears, though mostly standing) are set fairly similar, his body shape is similar though he's a touch broader through the chest, his tail is shortish, and slightly curved upwards, though held lower, he has a wire coat, and his personality and attitude sounds very similar.

I think if you crossed an IT with a Lab you'd probably get something similar to my Oliver.
Padraig
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Hi
Oliver sounds great, haven't looked yet so have you posted pictures of your boys yet I would like to see them.
At the moment Paddy is looking fit but a little overweight at 16 Kilograms same as Oliver at just slightly over 35 pounds in the UK the breed standard for an IT male is 15 Kilograms 33 and a half pounds. Paddy is about right for a male at 20" to his shoulders.
Padraig
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi anyone

How many pictures posted of ones dog would be overdoing it?

I ask this because I tend to get carried away - not by men in white coats or anything just generally.

Kenneth

Thanks
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 09:16 PM
We dont mind when people go overboard with pics! As many as you like, as often as you like LOL
Padraig
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
We dont mind when people go overboard with pics! As many as you like, as often as you like LOL
Thanks Sara

You may regret mentioning that Dad can post as many photos as he likes. He has a juiced up battery pack and a very large memory card for his camera and now has in his possession the knowledge of how to post them.

Don't worry though I will fidget about if he tries to take too many. LOL

Cheers

Paddy x
JSR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!! I'm in Wales and we rarely see a Welsh Terrier here it's such a shame cos the Welsh and Irish Terriers are such beautiful fun little dogs.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by JSR View Post
Absolutely gorgeous!! I'm in Wales and we rarely see a Welsh Terrier here it's such a shame cos the Welsh and Irish Terriers are such beautiful fun little dogs.
I knwo someone with a Welsh terrier,he's 14 now so they're quite long-lived. She got talking to me when she met my 2 Kerries on the heath as she originally wanted a Kerry Blue but her vet told her not to as they're not good with children. Was really surprised about this as I have heard a few horror stories of poor temperament ones but never heard of one that was not good with children.

Irish terriers are definitely not little though!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >