Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-06-2007, 06:28 PM

'Win a book' competition entry thread.

Please use this thread to submit your entries for THIS COMPETITION

Please do not comment about any of the entries or reply in this thread unless you are submitting an entry.

If you have any questions please use this thread.

Thanks, and good luck!!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2007, 10:40 PM
tiggy or tigger was born 7th may o4 her momma zoey was my baby, bred by a big well know english kennel,sent to ireland and into the hands of a evil woman who starved her,before i had her,she died after a c-section and the phone call that changed our lives,broke my heart.i handread 5 pups and at 1 week old one wee boy died,tigger,zoey,piglet and bruno went on and thrived,tiggy always had a bad belly and the vet diagnosed colitis,then back in jan 07 she caught a bug and never fully recoverd despite 2 courses of antibiotics,and she lost half her body wieght in 2 days,the day i took her to a diffrent vet was terrible i knew in my heart she was dying,and the vet continued to say colitis colitis,until i said f this its not colitis iv had enought test her for some thing else i thought shed got cancer.and my wee girl michaela kept asking is she gonna die,what do you say,my oh was seriously ill and i dragged him out in snow but 5 min down road had to turn back the car was slipping all over the road,so then a friend asked would it be ok if she took us,i said thats fine and off we went when i got there tigger couldnt stand so i carried her,joanne looked me in the face and said shes in renal failure and will die tonight unless we get a blood transfusion,so we went back got rusty her sister from prev litter and she donated 500ml and subsequently saved tiggers life,she continues going from strength to strength,and is a wee fighter,she means a great deal to us as shes part of zoey and a wee fighter.
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2007, 09:35 AM
I wrote this for my beautiful Paddy a 6 year old wolfhound who was dying of cancer.

OUR LOCAL VET IS IN THE HOUSE BUT YOU DON'T WAG YOUR TAIL

YOUR BREATHING'S VERY SHALLOW AND YOU LOOK SO FRAIL

THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU EXCEPT TO HELP YOU GO

THIS IS THE FINAL KINDNESS I CAN DO FOR YOU I KNOW

YOU WERE ALWAYS BY MY SIDE YOU MADE ME FEEL SO PROUD

YOU WERE SO MAJESTIC YOU STOOD OUT IN A CROWD

BUT NOW YOUR EYESIGHT'S FADING YOUR DAYS OF FUN ARE GONE

WHEN I TAKE YOU OUT THE HOUSE YOU LAY DOWN ON THE LAWN

AS I LOOK INTO YOUR EYES I SEE THE PAIN WITHIN

I LEAN TO YOU AND KISS YOUR NOSE YOU LICK ME ON THE CHIN

YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU I WHISPER IN YOUR EARS

MY HEART FEELS LIKE IT'S BREAKING I CANNOT STOP MY TEARS

IF YOU COULD ONLY UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE TO SAY

BUT NOW IT'S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE WE'LL MEET AGAIN SOMEDAY

I KNOW THIS IS THE LAST TIME WE'LL EVER HAVE TO PART

MY DARLING IRISH WOLFHOUND YOUR PAW PRINTS IN MY HEART

CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Molly-Jo's Story

When I was Little I lived with an American family who had loads of little humans, they didn't really have much time for me, & I spent most of my day in a little cage under the dining room table. I was only small so I can't really remember much about it but I can remember i used to nip out of the cat flap every chance I got and run about on the big green on front of our house. My humans used to really enjoy chasing me as they would make lovely loud calling noises and run about waving their arms. This is where I met Winston and Jasper. They were great fun to play with and their mummy walked them every day!!!! wow!!! Winston & Jaspers mummy asked my mummy if I could go out with them each day for a proper walk in the forest. This was really nice until one day I came home a little wet and muddy (apparently i smelt of the woods)and my Mummy told Jaspers mummy off. she really shouted at her just for a few little muddy paw prints. "well it was raining" After that Jaspers Mummy always took me back to their house where she washed and bathed me everyday after our walk so she didn't get told off again and i always had a nice chewy thing afterwards. Well you'll never guess but after a lot of walks (mummy say's it was a month but i do't know what one of those is) I never went back to the house with all the little humans in. I don't know what happened but i moved in with Winston and Jasper full time. My new mummy thought i was the best thing going as i had loads of new toys and she let me run about the house all day no cages and i got three walks each day. i was never too happy about the one in the morning when i should still have been in my bed but Mummy said "i needed to burn off all that energy"??? i still don't think she has figured out how to do this burning thingy coz she still say's it now???
When I was neally three Mummy and I both got boyfriends Mummy's stayed about and is now my Daddy and I meet a nice little chap called Luc he was very friendly and seemed to really like me. that Christmas I had 8 lovely little babies, I was really clever and my mummy said I was the best little mummy going. The babies were lovely until they got teeth!!! after that I left all the mucky stuff to mummy & daddy. But I liked to play with them and I would have missed them when they left with their new families, but the new Daddy bought Mummy another puppy for me to play with she was called Tulula-Belle, and I love her we are best mates but she lives with my Grandma now so I only see her sometimes. I have Mummy's little girls to look after now and I help mummy teach them the things they are supposed to do .... like chewing the mail... digging in the garden......jumping on mummy's bed with grubby feet. you see mummy always forgets these jobs. She just does the boring "heel" "wait" and "stay" jobs, I do all the best ones. So even though I'm getting old now Mummy say's I'm going to stay here with her and Daddy forever, which is really good coz I love Mummy and Mummy loves me.
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2007, 06:45 PM
To Akita

Thinking back to when you were little
I smile whilst wiping the tears
For where has all that time run through
Where gone are all those years?

You were never a puppy like puppies are most
You always had that certain something about you
And with time sharing joy and pain, equal dosed
That certain something just keeps shining through
Look at that dog! people say when we're out
And dogs all wants to come meet you

But you choose your friends carefully
Not many slip in
To the world that you call your own
Some are too bolshy, some are too timid
And some just won't take a hint
The last are the easiest for you to sort out
with a roar (and a tiny toothprint)

The people you let past the door to your heart
All go there in such secureness
You're a dog, true friend, mamma lion, real smart!
You fill me with such proudness

Those eyes you have
They look right through me
Some people you even surprise
They say, that dog is half human she is reading my mind!
I say, no she is a dog, just that wise

And blimey would you have it
in 2 days you're ten!
I am the proudest "mummy" on earth
Together we have a family now
Who would have thought it back then?

A daddy 4 sisters, ...though 2 of them cats
You make sure they all know their place
A growl, a glance and they stick to the rules
And you keep an eye, just in case

This poem for you is long overdue
But how can I ever in time
Find words to describe just how special you are
And then also get it to rhyme?

I love you I love you I love you so much!
And don't you forget down the line
Because if our life here works out how it's planned
Your time here is shorter than mine

So go on for now you batty old gal
And show them that 10 is young years!
Go chase that hare and roll in that grass
And collect your applause and your cheers

Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 07:25 PM
When You Were Just A Baby,
And I Was One Myself,
I Would Stand There By Your Bedside,
To Keep You In Good Health.

It Was My Only Duty,
To Keep You Safe From Harm,
Should Strangers Dare Come Near You,
I Would Always Raise The Alarm.

We Started To Grow Bigger,
And We Began To Play,
We Had So Much Fun Together,
Enjoying Every Day.

We Went To The Park At Weekends,
We Paddled In The Streams,
Then We'd Snuggle Down Together,
And Slip Into Peaceful Dreams.

One Day You Came To Me,
And Whispered In My Ear,
That You'd Stay With Me Forever,
Through Happiness And Tears.

Then Some Years After,
The Days Were Growing Long,
You'd come And Snuggle With Me,
And Sing Me Sweet Sweet Songs.

My Legs Were Growing Weaker,
My Time Was Fading Fast,
We Cherished Every Moment,
As If It Were our Last.

You Held Me In Your Arms,
As Darkness Came Around,
You Gave Me Lots Of Kisses,
Your Tears The Only Sound.

I Felt The Pain Subside,
And Suddenly I Saw,
The Most Beautiful Scene Before Me,
Like I Had Never Seen Before.

A Rainbow Of All Colours,
The Air Was Crystal Clear,
I Knew Then At That Moment,
That I Would Be Ok My Dear.

Now Mummy Please Don't Cry,
I Am Free From Pain,
And Some Day In The Future,
I Feel Sure We'll Meet Again

By My Beautiful Bella - RIP Baby

Bella (White Headed Collie) With Her Dad
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 07:41 PM
my lottie came from far away a broke girl is all i can say she had 2yrs of fun and love she gave as roo our baby love, she a had life where she came first, it is so sad to say she could not last. The time had come for us to say our good byes, what a short life my lottie girl had.

her ears were like velvet her eyes like dimonds her love for all was a big part of her. we lost her not so long ago but e have got roo who is so like her, lottie is living on in 7 littl pups that are giving joy to 7 familys.

my girl will be with me for ever she was my baby velvet ears. it is ashame she could not be here for her 3rd birthday but we will celebrate for the life she had and the joy she gave.

[IMG][/IMG]

lottie lives on
[IMG][/IMG]
left to right
Rambo, amsey, pie, skittle, roo, chips and cassie
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 01:34 PM
My Entry is a poem I wrote after losing our beloved GSD at the tender age of just 3yrs old. As a puppy she had a bad reaction to one of her intial injections, the vet told us she had distemper and that she should be pts but thanks to a knowledgable vet nurse we didn't as she was adamant that our little girl would be ok, it was touch and go but 'Sheba' eventually pulled through and grew into a lovely young adult but our time together was cut short because the reaction she'd had as a pup, had scarred her heart and left her with a weakness that none of us were aware of until we took her to be speyed and our baby girl never came home, she suffered a heart attack under the aneasthetic ... we were all devastated

Sheba - My Best Friend

Swift like the Wind,
Gentle but Strong,
Powerful yet Graceful,
My Guardian for Life

She May no Longer Exist,
On Our Unhappy Earth,
But here in my Heart,
She will Always Live

A place for her here,
There will always be,
Her Spirit is now loose,
Her Soul set Free,

I'll never forget,
What a Friend she has been,
Although we had bad days,
Together we had seen,
All of the Good Days,
That were meant to be.

Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Polly.
They say the hardest lesson we learn in this life is to learn to loose the things you love. It is something we go through in many forms on many occasions in this turbulent journey we call life.
It seems so fitting writing this now as It looms just ten days away [on the twenty seventh] that it will be a year since Polly left. A dog who was more than a dog, she become part of my soul. She was glued to my side for many years, through thick and thin she would always be there. You don't get many bonds like that..not even in Lassie stories. It was plain to see that the relationship we shared was more than just a boy and his dog, we sussed each other out the moment we met, the moment i saw her being carted around the rescue center, it was a moment which I doubt to forget aslong as I may mortally live. A scrap of a dog, shaking, with large ears that didn't seem to fit. Quite the odd looking gremlin, but it was her I wanted to bring home.
She was an odd little dog, with habbits like you couldn't imagine. She spent most of her life padding softly two steps behind me wherever I was, or eating. A simple dog, with simple needs. Only on select occasions would the old scars from her past show through..usually very out of the blue. I can't put into words the life she lead, It was content and happy I hope, she nursed many a puppy or kitten..Clementine, the big tortie moggy, was her adopted daughter..they were always together. She was just a dog like no other.
This time a year ago, I knew my time was drawing to an end with her..too many ailments were cropping up, and in the end her body just began too close down slowly. She wasn't there in the end, and I wish I had let her go sooner than I did. At 2pm on the 27th of July 06 she left this world. A part of me died with her. Life hasn't been the same and I miss her ever so much to this day, there will never be another like the old 'Queen Of Darkness', as she was so aptly nicknamed by a relative of mine who she made a b-line to try and attack at every given chance.
One in a million, a diamond amongst the dirt.

Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi,

Below is a poem I wrote years ago about my first dog Jackson. He kept me going when times were tough; a real angel. It may not rhyme or quite "work" but it sums up what I wanted to say about him. I grew up in a very abusive home and this golden boy is the only thing that kept me going, not to mention the guy who taught me that life isn't all bad - alongside that at local competitions (that we could "hitch a lift to!" he guided me round agility, flyball and obedience, he even qualified for Crufts though I couldn't take him -

A faithful friend by my side

Through good times and through bad

To grow and laugh beside me

You stuck by when I was sad

When we were young we played all day

We hid when I was scared

And when the bruises hurt at night

You comforted me with canine might

Somedays I could not move due to the torture and the pain

Other days I daren't go home so you stood by me in the rain

You grew old before me but we both grew wise together

I can say without a doubt our love will last forever

I look back fondly on the memories tied to you

Of how I learnt to love and laugh

To play and love my life

And how you lessened for me the worry and the strife

Even though the time has come where you are now long gone

My childhood went right with you and I know you hold it strong

One day i'll catch up with you

And we'll rewrite history together

And all the good times that we had

We'll relive those together

Heres a few pictures of the best dog a kid could have (actually every single on I have of him, wish there was more) -

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >