Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Give him time yet Nikki, they are very groggy if not given propofol, and he has had major surgery, if that was us we would still be linked to machines using bedpans!!!
Lots of love, kisses and woo's coming to Tai from Tawneytowers
When Loki was on this it affected him for ages and he was younger then.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Just seen this. Try not to worry about him not eating, lots of dogs are sore post op because of the tube so they don't feel up to food. Sometimes it's the premed that stays in their system, sometimes the GA, sometimes they just need that bit of extra time to rest and recover. I know it's hard but try not to worry too much x
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Just read this hope your boy is improving and has had and kept his dinner down big hugs from me my girl cas and a special lick from my boy ty to your boy tai x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 06:21 PM
He's had a major shock to his system in many ways so it will take him time to get over that. Try not to panic yet. Tomorrow at this time, he could well be back to his more normal self xx

Those good vibes are still flowing xx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Give him time yet Nikki, they are very groggy if not given propofol, and he has had major surgery, if that was us we would still be linked to machines using bedpans!!!
Lots of love, kisses and woo's coming to Tai from Tawneytowers
Well, as the older woman I guess you know more about bedpans than me

Sorry, just could not resist that!!

I have just returned from work, and my best boy is slightly better I would say. He has had his din dins, and Mike said developed a distinct rictus soon afterwards, and there was a lot of groaning and grunting coming from his bed in front of the fire. However, as yet he has not actually vomited, which must be good news, so fingers crossed. As soon as I got in, I lay down beside him and we had a good old cuddle, and bless him he lay his muzzle in the palm of my hand and licked me, and then licked my face. It is as if he has had a stroke, I have never seen any dog like this before except for when darling Bertie Coleman has peripheral vestibular disease. I have taken on board though that he IS recovering from GA, he DID die on the operating table through cardiac arrest and he has had an anti emetic jab which combined with the GA will make him very woozy. He has eaten reluctantly, he has drunk, all of which is good. He has a funny smell though, and he is beautiful coat is in terrible condition, he has the smell and look of a very sick dog. We are not out of the woods yet, but with these wolfie guys I would never say never until the bitter end, which hopefully will be years away. We will get it our best shot to get him through this, but I will not have him endure another GA and that is the only way to clear his intestines of this blockage quickly, so we just have to hope that with the anti emetics we can keep his food down and gradually it will work its way out through the intestines without doing too much damage.

So please everyone continue with the positive Dogsey vibes
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by kat14778 View Post
Just read this hope your boy is improving and has had and kept his dinner down big hugs from me my girl cas and a special lick from my boy ty to your boy tai x
Ah, your boy Ty - how lovely! Is Ty the staffie or the bulldog?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 06:51 PM
I am so hoping to read that Tai has had a massive dump and all is well.

Loki has eaten plastic stuff before - one of his plastic fling rings for example, but he chewed it into small pieces and they found their way out. All was okay. I really hope that this proves to be the case with Tai.

Would you want to promote the passage or is that risky? Loki seems to react to oil, as in a tin of sardines in sunflower oil. It makes the poo more runny. Sorry if anyone's eating their dinner.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I am so hoping to read that Tai has had a massive dump and all is well.

Loki has eaten plastic stuff before - one of his plastic fling rings for example, but he chewed it into small pieces and they found their way out. All was okay. I really hope that this proves to be the case with Tai.

Would you want to promote the passage or is that risky? Loki seems to react to oil, as in a tin of sardines in sunflower oil. It makes the poo more runny. Sorry if anyone's eating their dinner.
The problem with this tray that the suet came in is that it is fairly rigid polythene. Not as rigid as, say, a lock and lock box, but rigid nonetheless. It may also have been fairly brittle when he consumed it due to the frozen temperatures at the time. My guess is what happened is that he grabbed the suet, tray and all, and barely chewed it before swallowing the whole thing in a desperate attempt to prevent Ben from nicking it off him, or us to detect what he had done and grab it off him. This probably means that inside his small intestine is a fairly un-round but ball-shaped mass of semi-chomped polystyrene - with sharp edges and no smooth edges to allow a freer transverse through the gut. He will be a lucky boy if he survives this, but we will do everything we can to help him.

Oily sardines sounds like a good idea, we will see if he survives the night without vomiting, if he does, we do have a can of sardines in the cupboard, that might not be a bad idea. OH liked the sound of the scrambled egg with water, he is going to do that for Tai for breakfast tomorrow morning!
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Ty is the staffie hope your boy continues to improve x
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Still praying for a happy outcome for you beautiful boy.
xx
Page 9 of 27 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »