View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Luck if you get the chance let them Play, when i used to go out across the felds in the morning i met up with this shepard and he used to let his dogs stop working and play with mine they need to play to understand but they should be of the lead. Then they have the freedom on the lead and playing can be a problem
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-07-2005, 08:11 AM
I always let Zanta play if the dogs are friendly,some of them tell her off if she becomes a bit naughty and bouncy as they are older but it teaches her how to behave and she learns who the grumpy dogs are,i always put her on the lead if we meet a dog for the first time just to make sure the other dog is friendly and allowed to play i also watch very carefully even with the dogs we know especially in the heat,she also tires quickly and lays down in the shade and watches the others going mad.I think its a shame about the GR,they are such good temepred dogs and i always thought human and dog friendly.
Sarah L
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-07-2005, 02:34 PM
I think playtime is so important for our dogs, and especially play with other dogs. DelBoy and Daisy play with lots of friends and some strange ones but Lennie only has his selected few friends as he can be quite dog aggressive. If he meets them since they are pups he is great as he knows they are not a threat, and even when they grow up he tears around the park with them. I think these owners are crazy not to let their dog play, I think its amazing watching your dog chase and joust with others.

Sarah
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3